Med's Done....
06/07/2015
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 09/12/2015, COPR arrived 15/1/16 deadline to land 7/7/16
LANDED..........
7-06-2016
My hubby's application submitted at the end of July has been returned.

THE WHOLE APPLICATION

The photo specifications have changed since he applied.

It's not his fault they have a huge backlog and changed the specifications recently but instead of contacting him to send in the new size photos they returned the whole package. This means that his application will now go back to the beginning of the queue. It took 4 months for them to let us know...

The most frustrating thing is that they stamped his application back in July and they must have known they were changing the photo sizes.
Very angry :mad:

Hopeful2016

Dec 9, 2015
Beaverdiva said:
My hubby's application submitted at the end of July has been returned.

THE WHOLE APPLICATION

The photo specifications have changed since he applied.

It's not his fault they have a huge backlog and changed the specifications recently but instead of contacting him to send in the new size photos they returned the whole package. This means that his application will now go back to the beginning of the queue. It took 4 months for them to let us know...

The most frustrating thing is that they stamped his application back in July and they must have known they were changing the photo sizes.
Very angry :mad:
It is very frustrating as I sent my application at end of November and as per the post it was received before they apply the changes. I got surprised by these changes in the photo specs and the application itself they added a part for consent to CRA on November 30.

I called the call center but they are helpless, one of them said once they receive the applications they briefly confirm if it is fulfilling the requirements, if not they return it back to you, if it was ok , it will take a number and when they start processing it if they need changes they gonna send you....but now it seems they return the whole thing, very frustrating!!

You can call them and confirm if the application will loose its position in the queue?!!

Beaverdiva

Aug 5, 2013
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
AOR 26/08/2015. SA 28/09/2015. In Process on eCAS - 6/10/2015
File Transfer...
29/09/2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT. Medical Results Received 14/10/15
Med's Done....
06/07/2015
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
7-06-2016
Hi,

Our frustration is that at the time the application was received it did meet their requirements and was stamped accordingly.

All they needed to do was to mail or post out the letter requesting the new photos instead of sending back the whole application to him.

I cannot get my head around the workings of CIC.

There's no transparent accountability or complaints procedure so they can do whatever they like....

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
Beaverdiva said:
Hi,

Our frustration is that at the time the application was received it did meet their requirements and was stamped accordingly.

All they needed to do was to mail or post out the letter requesting the new photos instead of sending back the whole application to him.

There's no transparent accountability or complaints procedure so they can do whatever they like....
CIC is working in a dictator style we all are helpless whenever they want they can create backlog and keep you waiting for years in your case it was very simple return the application immediately or ask only new photographs this is unfair to return application after 4 months believe me CIC needs to valuate their staff many of them doesn't wants to put any efforts this department need 100% overhauling.

MIinCanada

Dec 17, 2015
Beaverdiva said:
Hi,

When did they receive your application? Mine got to Sydney on July 31st. On Wednesday I got an email notification from CIC stating that they had received it. I figure if my application comes back it's a trip to my new MP's office. My card expired at the start of this month so the prospect of another 6 month wait is not appealing.

I wonder how many people apply for citizenship just to avoid this process over and over again?

Beaverdiva

Aug 5, 2013
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
29/09/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
06/07/2015
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
7-06-2016
It was sent to them on July 28th, CIC had opened it and date-stamped it July 29th in Sydney.

MIinCanada

Dec 17, 2015
Beaverdiva said:
It was sent to them on July 28th, CIC had opened it and date-stamped it July 29th in Sydney.
I'm not sure how much of an effect it will have but I hope you complain to your MP. CIC is operating in bad faith. I suppose the photo specs are a convenient way to clear the backlog - just bin every application from july-november!

Beaverdiva

Aug 5, 2013
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
29/09/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
06/07/2015
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
7-06-2016
He's not making a complaint at this stage because we're afraid they may decide to stick his application at the bottom of the pile so he's re-done the photos and mailed the whole lot back to them. He wasn't told to re-do the application forms so he's waiting to hear from them, which will be January at the earliest now. We're just really fed up about it because (long story) we've been apart for the past 2 and a half years. He had plans to come and see me and his parents for the first time since returning to Canada and now it looks like he won't get the PR card in time for the vacation in February.
I've spent $1,000's on flights to visit him.

They should have asked everyonel to provide 2 sets of photos - one set measuring the 'old' specifications and another set i the new format as soon as they realised the extent of their backlog. I know my hubby would have preferred to pay for 2 sets instead of this nightmare situation.

Even simpler, just email everyone in advance to provide new photos before they start working on their file.

it's not rocket science!

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
CIC will never choose a simple way always they are showing their importance to political leaders by creating fear in applicants in different ways. For CIC backlog is a tool to show power very simple as much as public will cry they will get more gain, benefits from government.

Adlez

Dec 18, 2015
Hi, was your husband's application ever in process? Or did they just send it back before processing it? On the website it says they are doing files received up to the end of June.

Beaverdiva

Aug 5, 2013
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
29/09/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
06/07/2015
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
7-06-2016
If by in process you mean on eCAS, then it's hard to say as we are currently in the final stages of a Sponsorship application so the system isn't showing anything in relation to the PR card side of things.

In terms of whether it was actually in process; the file had been looked at, notes had been made on it and it was date-stamped...

Immed

Jan 16, 2015
I called in about this and it's up to the officer to decide whether to reject wrong specification photos even for applications submitted before the November 2015 change. Anyone know if they would accept additional photos if we give them the proper client ID number? Can they match the files? It's kind of ridiculous to wait for months just to get your application rejected.

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Immed said:
I called in about this and it's up to the officer to decide whether to reject wrong specification photos even for applications submitted before the November 2015 change. Anyone know if they would accept additional photos if we give them the proper client ID number? Can they match the files? It's kind of ridiculous to wait for months just to get your application rejected.
Sorry but can someone tell me what was the change in specs?

Beaverdiva

Aug 5, 2013
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
29/09/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
06/07/2015
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
7-06-2016
The photo size should now be 50 x 70 (as of November 25th)

immi_process

Feb 28, 2016
We are in same boat for new PR card ,and i have been asked to submit photos twice now since landing.Both times specification changed ,and yes ,it took 4 months only to evaluate pics and send rejection letter again . I am not sure how the applicant will know that they will change the specification by the time they will review your case again :mad: and applicant will keep doing this in a loop until luck smiles on you.

Very frustrating and terribly slow.

Anyone knows how to call the officers who work on the cases, i do not want to call call-center folks who will give a ready answer.