+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR CARD QUERY POST PR LANDING

drgsingh

Feb 28, 2017
Hi all,
I was wondering if someone could help me. I did my PR landing via land at St. Armand border crossing. the landing went smoothly. The officer confirmed my US address and said that the PR cards will be mailed to my US address. I was surprised since in the forums everyone had mentioned that we need to provide Canadian address. I asked the officer specifically and he said yes, they will be mailed to the US address. I think that he made a mistake and I did not provide them with a Canadian address for the PR cards. It's been 3 months and I have not received my PR card yet. I would appreciate if someone could help me on how I go about checking the status of my card. Also, can I enter Canada via land with my COPR letter that the officer gave me during landing even though it says "Not valid for travel" on it.

drgsingh

Feb 28, 2017
thank you for your reply. I tried linking the account to my CIC profile but it is saying that "it is unable to find an application based on the details I provided."
Does this mean that no PR card application was started for me by the officer. I feel like I might have been his first PR landing case and he seemed to have missed some steps.
And since I am in US I can not call the canadian helpline from the US ?