+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card, PRTD, and PR Portal

dziendobry92

Mar 22, 2023
Hello. I had applied for PR under Express Entry from India. Got a nomination from Ontario which I had accepted.

In 2022 August, I moved to Ireland for my Master's. Got my biometrics request around the same time, so submitted that, and got PPR a few months later. Submitted my passport and got the COPR copies by mail along with my visa.

Visited Canada in January 2023 and provided a local address for delivery of the PR card. Did a soft landing as had to return to Ireland to complete my education.

In February 2023, I got a notification that my photos for the PR card need to be re-submitted. Got my photos taken again and sent them by post to the Canadian address requested. No updates since then. I have no idea if the photos reached them, and no idea if they will be accepted this time.

1. I was contemplating applying for a PRTD as a worst-case scenario. However, I do not have an account on the PR portal. I am a bit confused by this as I noticed lot of other people had an account on the PR portal already where they got their eCOPR. I got my COPR physically after my visa was processed. Is it normal to not already have an account on the PR portal despite being a PR, and is it okay to subsequently create a new account on the PR portal to apply for the PRTD?
2. Is there any way I can find out if my photos have reached the intended address in Canada and what is the usual timeline for them to be accepted? It has been almost 2 months since I sent my photos again.

Many thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apply your PRTD when you are ready for your final move. Btw, why not get MBA in Canada?