+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Processing - May 2020 Applicants

gill_vinny

Jun 29, 2020
Hello Friends. Starting this thread for those who have applied for their PR Cards in May 2020. I got my PR confirmation letter on 29th April 2020 and I sent my COPR copies to Etobicoke office for processing of the PR cards on 7th May but have been waiting ever since. Anyone on the forum may please share if they have any idea on what the ETA for the cards is or anyone in similar situation who have already received their PR cards? I raised a webform once but got a standard template response saying that processing times are delayed and that they cannot provide an ETA.
Hi .. my husband got his COPR in July 2020... and we are still waiting for the PR card... I'm wondering if you received yours yet?

gill_vinny

Jun 29, 2020
Hi everyone,
My husband landed in Canada in July 2020 and became a PR and got his COPR. We have been waiting for his PR card ever since.. when we call to enquire, they say that they cannot provide an exact time. Whenever I log in to see the application status.. it says " complete" and when I click on complete.. it says that you landed in Canada in July and became a PR. Does anyone know if the status will change after this?

Sandeep brar

Aug 23, 2018
i received copr in april nd send them photos nd copr in may . They received it too but still not any update in jan 2021. It been 8 month by jan 12 . So strange. Is there anybody who is in same situation

Reactions: Tamim8

Sandeep brar

Aug 23, 2018
Hi everyone,
My husband landed in Canada in July 2020 and became a PR and got his COPR. We have been waiting for his PR card ever since.. when we call to enquire, they say that they cannot provide an exact time. Whenever I log in to see the application status.. it says " complete" and when I click on complete.. it says that you landed in Canada in July and became a PR. Does anyone know if the status will change after this?
Mine is same its been 7 months not any update yet

Tamim8

Dec 4, 2019
i received copr in april nd send them photos nd copr in may . They received it too but still not any update in jan 2021. It been 8 month by jan 12 . So strange. Is there anybody who is in same situation
My copr is in late May and send photo next day and still waiting waiting waiting ....

Tamim8

Dec 4, 2019
Mine copr late May sent photo next day and waiting and waiting

oktoberchyld

Feb 23, 2021
I have been a long time follower of this forum but created my account first time today to help you all.

I was in a similar situation. After waiting for 7 months and no response, I re-sent my photos and a letter explaining the situation to the same office (IRCC-Winnipeg PR landing photos). And voila, next day my PR card application got approved and after 3 days got my PR card in hand!

Surprisingly the card came from the Nova scotia office and has the photo that I sent last week (not the original one).

So go ahead and resend your photos to the same office where you sent originally and remind them that its been more than 6 months!

My guess is that they lost our applications/photos due to the Covid situation.

kw416

Mar 12, 2021
Do you guys know how to check that they accepted out photo or rejected it? I mean how can we check PR card status?
If PR photos are rejected you should get a message or email from IRCC that says something of the following:

Good day,
This letter is to inform you that your photos submission has been received by our office. The photos submitted to this office do not meet the required specifications. Your Permanent Resident (PR) Card cannot be issued without a compliant/acceptable photo. We also need an address confirmation of your residence.
You must send:
Two (2) new photos that meet the specifications (see below)
We had our COPR in June/2020 and received a message Nov/2020 that my wife's photos were rejected because the top of her hair to her chin didn't fit within the dimensions required (although they did). We resubmitted photos to Ottawa and one month later she received her card from Nova Scotia. I am still waiting on my card, and will resend new photos today. It's incredible how disorganized the PR card process is going.

adityacs007

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Hi, I got a request to resend the pics for PR card after 20 days of landing and coming back to US. Anyone in same situation? Do new pics have same requirement as COPR? Do I need to send via Canadian post or just FedEx it. Just want to check if they are looking to see if I am in Canada

LUCISUS

Aug 1, 2020
Hi,

I have submitted my CoPR letter and photo to the IRCC office last month, but I haven't receive anything from them.
I tried to link the PR card application on IRCC with providing DOB, UCI, Name, Birth Place, but the system says it couldn't find any application.
Tried to call IRCC, but I think their menu has changed, and couldn't find way to talk to agent (without application number).

Any suggestions?

Thanks