+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pr card pickup interview

hari1984

Jan 24, 2013
Hi ,

I have received a letter from cic stating my pr card is ready for pickup at the local cic office however a determination of your residency obligation must be made. Is this something to worry about?

They have asked for phone/utility/cable bills for the last 5 years. I don't have these for the last five years, is this requirement or can it be substituted with something else..

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hari1984 said:
Hi ,

I have received a letter from cic stating my pr card is ready for pickup at the local cic office however a determination of your residency obligation must be made. Is this something to worry about?

They have asked for phone/utility/cable bills for the last 5 years. I don't have these for the last five years, is this requirement or can it be substituted with something else..

Thanks
Well it looks like CIC doesn't believe or has suspicions that you haven't met your PR obligations. So no phone, no utilities, no cable for the past 5 years? Your T4s from your employer, rent receipts. Medical Plan proof of attending Dr.

hari1984

Jan 24, 2013
Well I have been living and working in Canada for the last 5 years only leaving the country for vacations. I have T4's, letter my rental office, letter from employer. Cellphone bill I am only able to acquire it for the last 18 months online.

sms316

Apr 5, 2013
If you dont mind me asking. I did sponsorship with my husband and i was asked to do my medical in February this year. I did them right away, and I was eligible to apply for my health card at Service Ontario. They told me i would receive it on May 6th. Now i wanted to ask from you experience when you did your medicals how much longer did it take for them to make a decision? I find it odd that I get a health card but not PR card, will i get it around the same time? Just thought id ask since you have gone through a similar situation as I will go through eventually.

As an answer to your question. I think there is nothing to worry about, if they asked for bills from the last 5 years it doesnt mean you have to have all of them from all 5 years. They mean from previous years or from 1-5 years. But call immigration and consult with them because its always better to be safe with them, also if they said you are coming to pick up your PR card, then that is GREAT news. I wouldnt worry if i were you. They wouldnt tell you to pick up your card if there was any issues.
They just want proof of your past utilities.Nothing major, thats my opinion.