+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card Photos....

tarekcanada

Jan 23, 2012
Hello,

I have heard that the photos used for the PR card application at the time of landing are those attached on the COPR, and that they will not ask for new photos, correct?

I have received our COPR for 3 persons, myself, my wife and my 1 year old child.... the photos attached to the COPR were the ones sent at the time of the initial application (my child's photo taken when he was 1 week old, now its more than a year)... so when we do our landing, if they are going to use same photos attached to the COPR for the PR cards , then they will not be according to their specifications (as photos are older than 12 months and my child has changed sine then), our photos also have march 2011 written on the back.

So can i give them new photos in the airport at the time of landing according to their specifications, would they accept them.

Thank you

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No Photos are required at immigration time for PR cards. I am not sure if you offer them new photos, they will accept them or not, but no harm in trying. A friend of mine who landed in May 2011, got his daughter PR card after a year because of old photo issue. In hinge sight he also thought of providing new photos at time of landing

tarekcanada

Jan 23, 2012
well,

suppeose that no photos are required at the POE, but if what all of our photos that they have with them are now outdated...... by the way, they did not ask for new photos at the PPR stage....

so i have to give them new photos at the time of landing.......otherwise the PR cards will not be processed....anyone with similar experience please reply

Thank you

tarekcanada

Jan 23, 2012
tarekcanada said:
well,

suppeose that no photos are required at the POE, but what if all of our photos that they have with them are now outdated...... by the way, they did not ask for new photos at the PPR stage....

so i have to give them new photos at the time of landing.......otherwise the PR cards will not be processed....anyone with similar experience please reply

Thank you

shaafqatz

Oct 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-4-2011
AOR Received.
4-7-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
18-11-2011
Med's Done....
4-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2012
LANDED..........
24-05-2012
I did carry latest photos with me and asked the IO whether the photos on the COPR are ok or he wants me to provide new photos, he told me that the photos on the COPR should be ok as he don't see any issues.

babbu.mann

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2012
Brampton-ON
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC-2011
LANDED..........
November 2012
@ the time I applied for visa, my baby was very small and My wife's face was full of swelling and dark brown ratiese mark. I sent the current pics at that time of application but now wife's face is cleared and there is no mark and swelling. She looks like a different Person from that pic I provided with application and my Son has also grown up to. I'm also worried that the pics I have provided on initial stage would be different form now!!

I will carry some latest pics during landing time and request to IO to put new pics on PR card coz there is no harm to try/ask. PR process is very lengthy and we all had waited very long, I would prefer hassle free life in terms of immigration formality after landing. I Might not be happy to wait for my son's PR card for a year after landing like ankit_20's friend!!

rabb rakha
Babbu

ankit_20 said:
No Photos are required at immigration time for PR cards. I am not sure if you offer them new photos, they will accept them or not, but no harm in trying. A friend of mine who landed in May 2011, got his daughter PR card after a year because of old photo issue. In hinge sight he also thought of providing new photos at time of landing

tarekcanada

Jan 23, 2012
well my concern is not only the lengthy procss, but the fact that if the photos were not according to their specifications, they will not process the PR cards and ask you to submit new photos most likely in person so if you were not in Canada at the time, you have to find a way to travel back again just to give them the photos....
In my case our photos have the same measurements they want exactly, but the only problem is that they are more than 12 months old, as the date is already written on the back as March 2011 (its shown from the backside of the CoPR form)... so i will be giving the IO the new photos at the POE, he'd better take them or else i'll be in all sorts of problems..

If anyone has had the experience where s/he has given the IO new photos at time of landing and they accepted them instead of the ones on the CoPR, please share this with us.

Thank you

coolguy.vanky

Jun 9, 2012
regarding photos - i just want to know do we need to send photographs of applicant with co-apps at the time of sending details of Medical, RPRF fees, PCCs, Backgrould declaration form and passport etc....

as i got my status Decision Made after my Medical Received Lines shows in Ecas...

thanks in advance

shaafqatz

Oct 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-4-2011
AOR Received.
4-7-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
18-11-2011
Med's Done....
4-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2012
LANDED..........
24-05-2012
Yes you need to send photographs, they will specifically ask for it when they send a request for Medical, RPRF, PCC

coolguy.vanky said:
regarding photos - i just want to know do we need to send photographs of applicant with co-apps at the time of sending details of Medical, RPRF fees, PCCs, Backgrould declaration form and passport etc....

as i got my status Decision Made after my Medical Received Lines shows in Ecas...

thanks in advance

tarekcanada

Jan 23, 2012
shaafqatz said:
Yes you need to send photographs, they will specifically ask for it when they send a request for Medical, RPRF, PCC
Actually they never asked for photos at this stage in my case... only the passports, funds, RPRF and updated shedule1.... They did not ask for more photos, so i did not send any....

babbu.mann

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2012
Brampton-ON
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC-2011
LANDED..........
November 2012
I'm done with our medical last month and CHC request only PP,RPRF and PCC. They never asked for new photos...I recommend to stick with what ever is requested and need not to be over smart during file processing (it can delay the processing) but we can request for a updated/recent pic on PR card @ landing port.

rabb rakha
Babbu

kdcanada

Nov 5, 2009
Can anyone tell me the exact photo specification required at time of landing, as when i got my visa,the officer told me that the photo i provided may not be accepted at the border while landing? I will be travelling in next week, so please can somebody share experience, if i need to carry visa specification photo or pr specification photo?