+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card photos - Family sponsorship

HopingForPR

Oct 16, 2018
Hi All,
Please let me know what I can do in this scenario.

I am applying for family sponsorship for my spouse and kids who are not in Canada. So I had asked them to send the soft copies of their photos and I took a print here in Canada. In this case, should I write the photo studio name where they took the photo in India or should I leave it blank and just write their names and date ?

Thanks in advance.

chris655

Oct 16, 2017
Hi All,
Please let me know what I can do in this scenario.

I am applying for family sponsorship for my spouse and kids who are not in Canada. So I had asked them to send the soft copies of their photos and I took a print here in Canada. In this case, should I write the photo studio name where they took the photo in India or should I leave it blank and just write their names and date ?

Thanks in advance.
The requirement stated in the Government of Canada website that the photo must be taken by a commercial photographer. The problem in your case is that ... although the photo was taken by a commercial photographer (i assume), the printing part is not done by the same person/studio. Part of the requirement is "the name and complete address of the photography studio" must be stated on the back of the photo. Your proposal might run into an ethical issue for the reasons stated above. The best way is for them to take the photos from a legit commercial photographer who fulfill all the requirements, and have them mailed to you.

pgpapply

Jan 1, 2019
Hi, I need some advise on the PGP 2021 online application regarding uploading photos. I have a hard copy of the Photo taken from a Photo Studio which has the Photo Studio stamp and all the required information. I also have the digital print of the same photo in good resolution (say, PhotoFront.jpg image)

Questions:
(1) Should I upload the good resolution digital image (in jpg format) of the face side (say, PhotoFront.jpg) and upload a scanned copy (in either jpg or pdf format) of the backside of the photo (say, PhotoBack.pdf) to the online application?

OR

(2) Should I scan (in either jpg or pdf format) and upload front side of the original hard copy of the photo (say PhotoFront.pdf) and then scan the backside containing parent name and photo studio information and upload that (say, PhotoBack.pdf) separately to the online application?

OR

(3) Should I scan (in either jpg or pdf format) the front side of the original hard copy and the backside containing parent name and photo studio information and upload them as a single file (say, Photo.pdf) to the online application?