+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Photographs

ExpressEntryStarr

Dec 9, 2016
Hi Everyone,
My family and I landed in Toronto on 03 April 2018. Since then, my wife, my elder daughter and I have received our PR cards but our youngest daughter's PR Card application is not yet complete because CIC have found her photographs not acceptable and have asked for new photographs for her.
My daughter is not in Canada at the moment so I have arranged for her new photographs to be sent across and will be sending these to CIC asap, but I have the following questions and would appreciate if anyone in a similar situation could help based on their recent experience. (P.S. I have seen earlier threads on this topic but they were very old, hence starting a new one; apologies for the repeat)

1. Would CIC accept photographs clicked outside Canada as long as they meet the photo specifications now that she is a landed migrant?

2. Does the time required to process her PR Card now re-start from the beginning (i.e. will it take another 58 days from the date CIC receive the new photographs)? Or will the process be quicker because it is just a matter of receiving new photos?

3. Since my daughter is not in Canada, if I would like to get her here in the interim and apply for a PRTD for this purpose, would the issuance of a PRTD result in the cancellation of the PR Card application, i.e. will we have to re-submit a new PR Card application once she has been issued a PRTD?

Thanks for reading through and look forward to people's feedback.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment / correct me
1)why not as long as they meet the specifications given isnt this what people do for any application initially supply photos taken in home country
2)I believe starts from beginning again but may be wrong. Assume it does and apply for a PRTD anyway
3)Applying for a PRTD will have no effect on the PR card application people do this all the time when they leave post a soft landing without their PR card or during a renewal when they cannot wait for a new card.

ExpressEntryStarr

Dec 9, 2016
Others can comment / correct me
1)why not as long as they meet the specifications given isnt this what people do for any application initially supply photos taken in home country
2)I believe starts from beginning again but may be wrong. Assume it does and apply for a PRTD anyway
3)Applying for a PRTD will have no effect on the PR card application people do this all the time when they leave post a soft landing without their PR card or during a renewal when they cannot wait for a new card.
Thanks Bs65. I ended up calling CIC & CBSA to check on some of these queries; turns out the wait starts from the beginning - so we have another 58 days wait :( but on the bright side, she can enter using a PRTD or using the original landing papers (COPR) from the land border (from US) in a private car (even a rental car with US registration is fine as long as we have a letter from the car rental company that allows us to take the rented car into Canada).

Hope this helps others.