+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Photo Resubmission Delays Receiving the Card and Might Impact Travel in June

willxny

May 6, 2024
Hi all,

My issue is like what the title describes. On April 8th, 2024, me and my dependent both receive our ECOPR from Montreal office. This is a great nice for us, and we have already planned out an international trip in mid June 2024. However, something unexpected happened to my PR card photo after receiving the ECOPR. The photo suggested that my facial expression was not neural because it contains some smiling (in fact, it is quite mild smiling and I do not even know what is going wrong). I received the request to resubmit the PR card photo, and immediately updated with a new photo on April 10th. After that, until now I have not received any reply.

My dependent was lucky though, after April 8th when we both get ECOPR, her PR card was mailed out EXTREMELY fast (April 12nd), and the card was immediately received on April 19th (amazing). And my story was on the unfortunate side ... where checking the GCKey shows that the card is still not mailed out yet... which I believe was quite confused because I almost immediately submitted my new PR photo on April 10th ....

Now, the question comes, if at the worst case, I did not receive my PR card before Mid June. My international trip has already been booked and it was hard to cancel and reschedule .... It was going to be lots of money loss too. The good thing is I do have a US B1 / B2 visa still valid, so I could be able to travel to US (seattle, etc.). And then book a private vehicle to cross the border back to Canada. Just want to confirm, is this option still feasible right now (going to US first with B1 / B2 visa and cross the border back to Canada using ECOPR ?). Btw, my Canadian Visa and work permit are all NOT expired right now.

Could anyone suggest if it is still safe option to use border cross to come back to Canada given a US travel Visa in 2024. Obviously there is still time for me, but I want to make sure nothing would affect my PR status and affect my current work in Canada (i.e. I am able to come back on time).

Thanks for all the patience and appreciate all sorts of help and suggest if any !

willxny

May 6, 2024
Also, try out KAI method but it does not work for PR card (Portal 1 & Portal 2 issue might work with KAI).

Not sure why there is a restriction period between ECOPR and the moment to receive the actual card. It sorts of make less sense if the applicants still hold valid work permit / study permit and / or visitor visa.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Now, the question comes, if at the worst case, I did not receive my PR card before Mid June. My international trip has already been booked and it was hard to cancel and reschedule .... It was going to be lots of money loss too. The good thing is I do have a US B1 / B2 visa still valid, so I could be able to travel to US (seattle, etc.). And then book a private vehicle to cross the border back to Canada. Just want to confirm, is this option still feasible right now (going to US first with B1 / B2 visa and cross the border back to Canada using ECOPR ?). Btw, my Canadian Visa and work permit are all NOT expired right now.

Could anyone suggest if it is still safe option to use border cross to come back to Canada given a US travel Visa in 2024. Obviously there is still time for me, but I want to make sure nothing would affect my PR status and affect my current work in Canada (i.e. I am able to come back on time).

Thanks for all the patience and appreciate all sorts of help and suggest if any !
Yes! Also, your current visas will expire any minute, since a PR no longer needs them or is eligible for them.

Reactions: willxny

willxny

May 6, 2024
Yes! Also, your current visas will expire any minute, since a PR no longer needs them or is eligible for them.
Hello, thanks for your response.

May I kindly ask what should I say and do at the border in order to enter Canada only using my ECOPR ?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, thanks for your response.

May I kindly ask what should I say and do at the border in order to enter Canada only using my ECOPR ?
You're welcome.

Just present yourself at Primary Inspection and hand the CoPR to the officer!

Reactions: willxny