+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Photo Rejection

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AllisonVSC said:
I don't think it will have any affect on citizenship. This is just about having a valid card which you only need for travel. You are still permanent residents because you've landed. If you don't make it by their due date, you just have to pay for the new card.
Finally i got my wife's PR card after 4 rejections becos of photo specifications. It took us 7 months to get the photos right....... :eek:

sumit_black

Jan 23, 2012
Hi,
May I give a new address while sending the revised photographs!!!!
At present I am out of Canada and got a red letter regarding photo issue. They want photographs within 180 days. Due to some personal reasons I could not go there in this period. I had earlier given them, one of my friends address of Toronto, but now he has moved out to Brampton. Can I request them to post the PR card to a new local address in Brampton, ON!!!
Please reply.

sumit_black

Jan 23, 2012
Really thanks for your reply.

Is there any chance that they may ask any reason behind this change of address!! Is it also possible that they may stop processing my PR Card application!!

New Ontarian

Apr 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No...

No one will ask why did you change your address... You are not going to meet anyone... The application for new PR card has to be sent by mail... Unless there is another reason (other than changing the address), your application should be processed smoothly...

Other provincial entities (e.g. Service Ontario that issues the Health Card) will have a problem if you change your address to other Province but they have no problem if the change is within Ontario...

I've collected the new PR cards for my kids this morning... It was less than 10 minutes + 30 minutes waiting in the queue...

Don't worry...

doc manu

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
new delhi
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1st sept 2010
IELTS Request
original send with application
File Transfer...
20th april 2011
Med's Request
10th june 2011
Hi I have the same photo issue with my p.r card and I am out of canada. Please tell me what do I need to send with my passport to get a temporary travel document. My wife got her p.r card at our frns address in Canada but for mine they asked for a new photograph and signatures to be mailed to them. Now the problem is that I need to visit Canada next month I doubt if I send the photos to them My p.r card will be made and send within that time.

CAforCA

Jan 27, 2009
Doc's Request.
20th Jan 2010
AOR Received.
25th May 2010
IELTS Request
15th Dec 2009 Taken Score 7.5
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
28-09-2010
Med's Done....
11-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
6/1/2011
LANDED..........
25/6/2011 Yoo Hoo
doc manu said:
Hi I have the same photo issue with my p.r card and I am out of canada. Please tell me what do I need to send with my passport to get a temporary travel document. My wife got her p.r card at our frns address in Canada but for mine they asked for a new photograph and signatures to be mailed to them. Now the problem is that I need to visit Canada next month I doubt if I send the photos to them My p.r card will be made and send within that time.
Doc Manu,
You do not need to travel to Canada for providing your picture and signature as the process is now changed and it has to be done by mail. They will send you the required documents if they need your signature.

maryamoj

Nov 22, 2016
Hello, I left Canada one month after landing and now they have sent me a letter requesting a new picture after 60 days of landing. Is it OK to take a photo outside of Canada and send it to them by post?

lisalee

Oct 1, 2019
Hi everyone,

I have a question about the pr photos for an interview.

I am going to have a PR interview in Etobicoke this coming Thursday, so I took pr photos today.

I knew that I shouldn't smile or opened a mouth when I took photos. However, I closed my mouth a bit hard. So my photos look like I slightly smiled. I'm wondering if the interviewers are really strict about the photos and I should take another photo.

Any advice?

Many thanks in advance!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have a question about the pr photos for an interview.

I am going to have a PR interview in Etobicoke this coming Thursday, so I took pr photos today.

I knew that I shouldn't smile or opened a mouth when I took photos. However, I closed my mouth a bit hard. So my photos look like I slightly smiled. I'm wondering if the interviewers are really strict about the photos and I should take another photo.

Any advice?

Many thanks in advance!
If you are in doubt why not take another one and put your mind at ease?

Dec 4, 2021
I tried upload another photo after it has rejected for portal card but couldn't find edit to upload new photos pls how can I sort out this?