danhass

Sep 21, 2010
US
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
in response to my PPR, i went to buffalo visa office in person and took my passport and 2 photos (one with date on backside) ... I got the visa and COPR the same day:

- one photo was pasted on COPR
- the other photo (with date on back) was returned to me with passport and COPR

i landed the next day ... the border officer applied for my PR card but didn't ask for any photos ... it's been more than a month and I still have the 2nd photo with date on back with me

i called CIC call centre and they haven't raised any objections (e.g., photo is not provided etc) ... they say my PR Card application is in process

can anyone comment on this issue? I can't afford to go through the hassle of delays cz of no photos and end up needing prtd to travel in and out of canada ... i need the pr card

anyone had similar situation?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They will use the photo they have on file from the COPR. Therefore, they won't ask you for a photo unless there's some sort of issue with the electronic version.

danhass

Sep 21, 2010
US
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
OhCanadiana said:
They will use the photo they have on file from the COPR. Therefore, they won't ask you for a photo unless there's some sort of issue with the electronic version.
OhCanadiana, if what you say turns out to be true, then that would be awesome!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
danhass said:
OhCanadiana, if what you say turns out to be true, then that would be awesome!
:)

BTW, they also expedite newly-landed PR's cards now (since the validation was done at the border already) -- you can track how long it took to send the PR Cards being mailed out today at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp (as of now it's 38 business days for new PRs vs 67 days for existing PRs).

Vraj79

Jul 3, 2021
Hi, I did my soft landing and returned back to another country. However my photo which I've submitted for PR card at the IRCC while submitting my passport got rejected. The officer at the Port of Entry did not take my photo. I have taken a new photo now. Below are my Questions;
  1. Can I E mail my photo to someone in Canada, print / stamp and post to the Case officer?.
  2. If its mandatory to send the photo stamped from the country I am In, Can I stamp it and send to my relative in Canada and ask him to Post to case officer?
  3. If its still mandatory to send the photo stamped and also posted from the country I am In, Can I send a courier like Fed Ex etc. since I understand that Courier cannot accept PO box deliveries?
  4. Stamp it and send to my relative in Canada through courier and ask him via Canada Post to case officer?

My photos have to be sent to below address

Case Processing Center - Permanent Resident Card
PO Box 4500
Sydney, Nova Scotia B1P 6L1