Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
I have been waiting for my PR card ever since my landing in March 2022. About a month after my landing, I was requested to provide new photos which I did right away but there's no update on my PR card still. I contacted my MP to try and get an update and was told that it's currently in processing.
It's going to be 5 months since my landing, next week. This is a ridiculously long wait and I need to travel outside of Canada.
Is there anyone else who's been waiting for this long?

cycy_304

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
I have been waiting for my PR card ever since my landing in March 2022. About a month after my landing, I was requested to provide new photos which I did right away but there's no update on my PR card still. I contacted my MP to try and get an update and was told that it's currently in processing.
It's going to be 5 months since my landing, next week. This is a ridiculously long wait and I need to travel outside of Canada.
Is there anyone else who's been waiting for this long?
My brother has been waiting since Dec 07, there are many people waiting for almost a year in this forum too and they tried everything but no help :(

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
My brother has been waiting since Dec 07, there are many people waiting for almost a year in this forum too and they tried everything but no help :(
That's crazy. Almost an year for a PR card?

cycy_304

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
That's crazy. Almost an year for a PR card?
Yes, almost a year for my brother too! No way to reach them, got auto msgs every time that say "in process". He has to travel and apply for PRTD every time which is annoying and risky.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Yes, almost a year for my brother too! No way to reach them, got auto msgs every time that say "in process". He has to travel and apply for PRTD every time which is annoying and risky.
I have to travel outside of Canada and I missed many important business meeting due to this retarded organization working at a snail's pace. Can you tell me what the PRTD process is like and was your brother able to get it quickly everytime?

cycy_304

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
I have to travel outside of Canada and I missed many important business meeting due to this retarded organization working at a snail's pace. Can you tell me what the PRTD process is like and was your brother able to get it quickly everytime?
It's quite simple for new PR cuz u don't need to prove your residency obligation, just fill out the form applying for PRTD (IMM5644 if not wrong), include the docs from the checklist (bank statements, pay stubs, passport, plane ticket if u have one, etc.) visit nearest VAC in the country u visit to send the docs and pay the fee. My brother got approved in just 2 days. Please note some countries don't have the option to visit the VAC so u have to send your application through email and that might take anywhere from a few days to a few months so, plan accordingly.