+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card not received after 9 months

Geekko

Apr 19, 2018
Hi,

I didn't receive my PR card after 9 mother. I became pr on January 2022. I tried my best to contact ircc. But no response. Are they really working? Why they can't reply to single inquiry. I send them an inquiry through pm of my area, and still no response after a one month. I don't know what else to do. Can someone tell me what I can do?

Tubsmagee

Jul 2, 2016
Hi,

I didn't receive my PR card after 9 mother. I became pr on January 2022. I tried my best to contact ircc. But no response. Are they really working? Why they can't reply to single inquiry. I send them an inquiry through pm of my area, and still no response after a one month. I don't know what else to do. Can someone tell me what I can do?
It might be an annoyance but does it really matter? If you used the COPR to get signed up for ID, health, etc when you landed, there isn’t really a immediate need for the PR card. Sure you need it when returningto Canada by air but if you are compliant with your RO the PRTD is a reasonable fix for that.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It might be an annoyance but does it really matter? If you used the COPR to get signed up for ID, health, etc when you landed, there isn’t really a immediate need for the PR card. Sure you need it when returningto Canada by air but if you are compliant with your RO the PRTD is a reasonable fix for that.
Unless the OP holds a U.S. passport; that can be used for commercial travel to Canada. Just don't disclose to the carrier that they are a PR.

Also, some provinces (like BC) will not accept the COPR as primary ID. ICBC requires a valid PR card.

Reactions: Yazer

Geekko

Apr 19, 2018
Hi, I am aware of PRTD, but a person who work in Canada on full-time basis has responsibilities and commitments. Leaving the country without a exact retuning date can affect negatively. I am so disappointed about not hearing a thing from IRCC, keep people in the dark.

Reactions: paneka penalty

paneka penalty

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Hi, I am aware of PRTD, but a person who work in Canada on full-time basis has responsibilities and commitments. Leaving the country without a exact retuning date can affect negatively. I am so disappointed about not hearing a thing from IRCC, keep people in the dark.
Did you link your PR card to your GC key?

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
What is GC key and how do you get it? We went through a lawyer for PR application and they were monitoring our application, do they need to link account with GC key?
If you have a lawyer representing you, you will not have access to a GC key. Lawyers use the Paid representative portal where they can file multiple applications and manage them at the same time.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/partners-service-providers/authorized-paid-representatives-portal.html

calguy99

Sep 24, 2020
If you have a lawyer representing you, you will not have access to a GC key. Lawyers use the Paid representative portal where they can file multiple applications and manage them at the same time.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/partners-service-providers/authorized-paid-representatives-portal.html
Landed in Canada on June 4th, 2022. Received a letter to submit new photos as first set were rejected so new photos were submitted and they were received at Sydney Processing center on August 3rd, 2022 and since then there are no updates on new PR Card status.
Been trying to call IRCC for the last 6 weeks during the business hours without having a luck to talk to any customer representative.

I created a gckey and signed into my account, however don't see an option to "Add (link) application to my account to check the status". What am I doing wrong or who can I contact to get more information about PR card status?

Muthu04

Jan 27, 2022
Landed in Canada on June 4th, 2022. Received a letter to submit new photos as first set were rejected so new photos were submitted and they were received at Sydney Processing center on August 3rd, 2022 and since then there are no updates on new PR Card status.
Been trying to call IRCC for the last 6 weeks during the business hours without having a luck to talk to any customer representative.

I created a gckey and signed into my account, however don't see an option to "Add (link) application to my account to check the status". What am I doing wrong or who can I contact to get more information about PR card status?
You received a letter to your mailing address or to your email account. I landed on June 7th and didn’t get my pr card yet.. I am just worried if I missed the photo request

calguy99

Sep 24, 2020
You received a letter to your mailing address or to your email account. I landed on June 7th and didn’t get my pr card yet.. I am just worried if I missed the photo request
My lawyer received the letter to her email. Photo request is sent out only if IRCC rejects the initial photos submitted with the PR application.

calguy99

Sep 24, 2020
Today I came to know that IRCC is still currently processing the photos received from May 9th, 2022 and so there are far more delays to be expected to receive a new PR card.
If you received any letter from IRCC to submit new photos then you could possibly expect much further delays in your new PR card application processing times. Anyone who became a PR (landed in Canada) in June 2022 will most likely have delays in receiving a new PR card.

It sounds aweful and freaking insane that IRCC is months behind in processing new PR card applications but that's the reality we all have to live with.