+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card not applied at the border

bsab

Jul 25, 2019
So me and my spouse are moving from Michigan to Windsor. We completed our landing (and returned to Michigan) in March 2020 just before Covid hit. The border officer at the time told us that we will only get a PR card when we relocate. Now in March 2021, we relocated and the border officer told us to update our address online and then a PR card will be sent. But in the address notification tool, i keep getting an error. How else should i apply for my card?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

So me and my spouse are moving from Michigan to Windsor. We completed our landing (and returned to Michigan) in March 2020 just before Covid hit. The border officer at the time told us that we will only get a PR card when we relocate. Now in March 2021, we relocated and the border officer told us to update our address online and then a PR card will be sent. But in the address notification tool, i keep getting an error. How else should i apply for my card?
1. Too late, you had to submit a Canadian address with 180 days of "landing" you will have to apply for a new PR card.

adityacs007

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Hi

1. Too late, you had to submit a Canadian address with 180 days of "landing" you will have to apply for a new PR card.
What documents are needed to apply for a new PR card? Can this be done at the border or from US or only if you move permanently? Thanks!

adityacs007

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Hi, I got a request to resend the pics for PR card after 20 days of landing and coming back to US. Anyone in same situation? Do new pics have same requirement as COPR? Do I need to send via Canadian post or just FedEx it. Just want to check if they are looking to see if I am in Canada