+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

apalanis

Jul 20, 2021
Hi All,
I just want to an update ok my PR card, below are my timelines
eCOPR - June 15 2021
Updated picture and address on the portal same day. Address was approved immediately.
Poto rejection email on July 9 2021.
Uploaded a new photo the same day.
I had linked my Pr card application to the portal.
Called ircc several times, raised multiple web forms and tried to email the officer who sent me the portal credentials. I even reached out to my local MP but there was no response.
I was about to file for amendment on March 1 and I finally received a email asking me to check my account.
On Feb 24 2022 my card was approved and mailed to me.
Received in the mail today.
My Pr card jounery has been very frustrating. For those who have been in the same timeline as me hopefully you guys get your cards soon as well.

labheshcanada007

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Hi All,
eCOPR - June 15 2021
Updated picture and address on the portal same day. Address was approved immediately.
Called ircc several times, raised multiple web forms and tried to email the officer who sent me the portal credentials. I even reached out to my local MP but there was no response.
I was about to file for amendment on March 1 and I finally received a email asking me to check my account.
My Pr card jounery has been very frustrating. For those who have been in the same timeline as me hopefully you guys get your cards soon as well.
Thanks for share. My eCOPR is 29 July 2021. But now waiting for final email.

dcowboys

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Hi All,
eCOPR - June 15 2021
What amendment were you going to file? I am in the same boat as you. July 3, 2021 with no updates. I can't even link the application. Tried all the steps and even called with no help in linking it.

lenininy2k

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Received the card yesterday. Below are the timelines. I live in GTA.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 5, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 11, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on February 11, 2022.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on February 23, 2022.

Roger1985

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
I received my PR card in the mail today. Wishing all of you receive your cards soon.

Permanent Resident Card
We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 25, 2021.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 12, 2022.
We started processing your application on January 12, 2022.
Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on February 23, 2022

Reactions: twztedelegance

Kart123

Nov 18, 2021
My application status:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 12, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 18, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on January 18, 2022.
It is decision made, but its been in the state for close to a month now. Not sure what is holding it.

I have sent a webform request and the reply received was agents do not have any more information to what is available to you online. Anyone else in the same situation?

Reactions: MansiAP56

EE2Canada2020

Aug 19, 2021
The long long journey has come to an end, got PR card 6 MONTHS after ecopr!! see timeline for the insane sequence of events. Thanks everyone for your help and support. This forum is a wonderful place, everyone sharing the good and the bad news, it helped me in my journey. I will visit periodically for few more months to answer any questions.
It is a very emotional experience to hold that rectangular piece of plastic in your hands. I won't give any parting advice because nothing works, just keep trying until you get it or not. No wisdom, no hi-fi words, just thanks and goodbye. See you all in 3 yrs for the citizenship process.

Reactions: twztedelegance

twztedelegance

Jul 14, 2015
New Brunswick
The long long journey has come to an end, got PR card 6 MONTHS after ecopr!! see timeline for the insane sequence of events. Thanks everyone for your help and support. This forum is a wonderful place, everyone sharing the good and the bad news, it helped me in my journey. I will visit periodically for few more months to answer any questions.
It is a very emotional experience to hold that rectangular piece of plastic in your hands. I won't give any parting advice because nothing works, just keep trying until you get it or not. No wisdom, no hi-fi words, just thanks and goodbye. See you all in 3 yrs for the citizenship process.
Congrats. This forum helps to keep people calm who are in the same boat

JamesBox

Star Member
Jan 15, 2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Update on timeline:

March 1st - Update in CIC Account: "We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive."

ECAS still says Decision Made with the following three lines:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on December 6, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 2, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on February 2, 2022.

From Processing confirmation to the card being sent was 28 days.

Start to card being posted was 86 days, much quicker than the ~120 days estimated by the processing time update.

Update:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on Dec 6, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on Feb 2, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on Feb 2, 2022.
  4. Decision Made Feb 3, 2022.

Received to Decision Made - 59 days.

Now waiting on hearing the outcome of the decision.