+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

labheshcanada007

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Surprisingly my status changed to PR card mailed Dec 6. Now waiting for the second application to complete.

timeline below;
May 14 application received at IRCC
Sep 9 decision made
Dec 6 PR card mailed

I was literally shocked to see the application showing as COMPL
So my status is still under review and ircc told me that it is gone into the production unit, but online status has not changed, so i have to wait for that.

can i ask, for you, on dec 6 it showed that pr card mailed, after that how many days it took to reach to you?

labheshcanada007

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Hi did you get your card... My dependant card was mailed on Feb 9.. but haven't got it yet
for your dependent card, did they changed the status on the online portal that it was mailed to you or you called it?
do you know how much time it would have taken after they send it to production unit?

rizingphoenix

Star Member
Dec 29, 2021
Recently got updated to DM. Hope to get my PR card in March. Faster than expected but I was more than 1 year above residency obligation. This is for a PR card renewal. I am also about to apply for citizenship

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 21, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 23, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on February 23, 2022.
I have the same timelines as you have. In my case i had 808 days before i applied for PR renewal on Jan 27th. its also showing up as processing application on Feb 23rd

Reactions: twztedelegance

Denster

Feb 26, 2022
Hi,

I received an email on February 10th, 2022 stating that "We received your application for a permanent resident card on December 31, 2021".

I haven't received any communication or update from IRCC since then. We called them and IRCC shared that my photo has been validated but my card hasn't been sent for printing yet.

However, the status of my application hasn't been uploaded yet on Client Application Status (ECAS), which would mean they haven't started processing my application yet. But IRCC helpline officer shared that my photo is validated. So I'm slightly confused regarding where my application currently stands and how long would it take approximately for my PR Card to come?

Reactions: MansiAP56

Dipole

Aug 20, 2016
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 7, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 17, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on February 17, 2022.
DM on Feb 25,2022 and status showing card was mailed out on the same day, waiting for the new card:cool:.

az210

Aug 6, 2021
Here are my updates, cheers!

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on December 23, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 11, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on February 11, 2022.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on February 23, 2022.

Reactions: mpreetsingh

labheshcanada007

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Here are my updates, cheers!

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on December 23, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 11, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on February 11, 2022.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on February 23, 2022.
For me It does not say that cards are send for printing.

however, when last week called to IRCC, they told me that photos have been validated and application is send for production unit and he do not have any ETA.

So not sure how much time I have to wait more to get cards, and there is no update of these things in the online portal?

twztedelegance

Jul 14, 2015
New Brunswick
For me It does not say that cards are send for printing.

however, when last week called to IRCC, they told me that photos have been validated and application is send for production unit and he do not have any ETA.

So not sure how much time I have to wait more to get cards, and there is no update of these things in the online portal?
Probably will update automatically in next week or 2 based on others timeline, I’m waiting for the same

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Is there any office or vo that processes pr card, same as ee applications?? If so, how can I find it?

labheshcanada007

Star Member
May 1, 2019
I didn’t call but based on others experience here it seems once you get DM then 99% card has been sent for production in the queue, and next update we get online is directly when the card is printed and mailed out
okok understood,
My understanding that It should take max 10 days after we have uploaded new photos, but that is what i wanted to check in this group, if someone can cofirm on same. which is anticipated ETA after new photos have uploaded.\]

i also heard that for some people it eve does not update the online status but they get the pr card at home.

Feb 8, 2022
did anyone receive their cards? Mine has been mailed on 22 February but not received yet. Any idea how many days it takes to receive the card after it is mailed?