+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

Krishmeerada

Dec 13, 2021
Hello, we have almost the same timelines and same situation. I am not sure when it went to decision made and when I called them (tried for over a week) they wouldn't give me the answer. They received my application on October 27th, and my acknowledging receipt came on January 7th. According to the officer i spoke with he said it takes about 120 days from the date they start processing your application, which doesn't seem to make sense. If that is the case, then they should change their processing times to around 8 months..... I am panicking and freaking out, as I need to travel soon and have been waiting for my card forever now =( Have you any updates on your application?
Hello,

My wife's case is similar to yours. Decision made for the past 5 weeks. We have been calling IRCC daily for the past 2 weeks now and never get connected as we get a message that the call volume is high and the call gets disconnected before we get connected to an agent. Wondering how you were able to connect to an officer. is the number to call: 888-242-2100? Pls let me know.

DomA103

Feb 23, 2022
Hello,

My wife's case is similar to yours. Decision made for the past 5 weeks. We have been calling IRCC daily for the past 2 weeks now and never get connected as we get a message that the call volume is high and the call gets disconnected before we get connected to an agent. Wondering how you were able to connect to an officer. is the number to call: 888-242-2100? Pls let me know.
Took me over a week to get connected. Just kept calling non stop really until I one day got connected. Waited around 40 minutes to speak with an officer then. That is the nr I called. I am surprised that there are applicants who applied after us and received their cards. Their processing time is so inaccurate. And the officer I spoke with didn't give me much info. He told me that I am lucky cause my card has been sent to be printed, but wouldnt tell me when it got sent off. Also that I should give it 120 days from the time they started processing my application. He told me that according to the processing time my card should arrive by may. Which makes no sense to me since my application got delivered in October.....

Krishmeerada

Dec 13, 2021
Took me over a week to get connected. Just kept calling non stop really until I one day got connected. Waited around 40 minutes to speak with an officer then. That is the nr I called. I am surprised that there are applicants who applied after us and received their cards. Their processing time is so inaccurate. And the officer I spoke with didn't give me much info. He told me that I am lucky cause my card has been sent to be printed, but wouldnt tell me when it got sent off. Also that I should give it 120 days from the time they started processing my application. He told me that according to the processing time my card should arrive by may. Which makes no sense to me since my application got delivered in October.....
Hello,

Thank you very much for the response. My wife finally got through the call today and received the same update as you. 120 days from the date of processing which means April 2022. Me and my kid applied at the same time as me and we received the card 5 weeks back. This means that my wife will receive the card 3 months after we received though all applications were sent at the same time. Also processing date is the same for myself, my wife and my kid. Does not make sense at all. Not sure what can be done.

DomA103

Feb 23, 2022
Hello,

Thank you very much for the response. My wife finally got through the call today and received the same update as you. 120 days from the date of processing which means April 2022. Me and my kid applied at the same time as me and we received the card 5 weeks back. This means that my wife will receive the card 3 months after we received though all applications were sent at the same time. Also processing date is the same for myself, my wife and my kid. Does not make sense at all. Not sure what can be done.
This makes me so sad. Their website clearly states something else, and based off of everyone's timelines, it seems like the 4 months begins from the time they receive the applications. Did they say if your wife's card was sent to production? I am starting to think they only say that to individuals they may have missed because they don't want it to make it to the news again?

PQPvancouver

Nov 17, 2021
Hello, my application was received on October 27th and receipt was sent on January 7th. Started processing the same day and my application status is decision made. I am not sure when it went into decision made, but it's been at least 4 weeks. Is anyone else in the same situation and how long did it take for you to receive your card? I am so stressed and nervous, I can't even sleep at night. The officer told me the processing time starts from the moment they start processing your application and not from the moment they receive it. That contradicts with everything their website states..... Please share your experience and insights. Thank you!
Mine took 18 weeks form DM to card being sent....there is such a big back log. look into PRTD for travel?

Sania01

Oct 31, 2021
Hello,

the delay may occur if the travel history is different and some of the applicant get secondary review and than it start taking time, however just keep the follow up either web for or call and get the updates atleast on weekly basis.

Krishmeerada

Dec 13, 2021
the delay may occur if the travel history is different and some of the applicant get secondary review and than it start taking time, however just keep the follow up either web for or call and get the updates atleast on weekly basis.
Thank you. In our case, the travel history and all details are exactly the same. in the past 5 years, we had been out of the country for hardly 2 months. will keep following up

Krishmeerada

Dec 13, 2021
This makes me so sad. Their website clearly states something else, and based off of everyone's timelines, it seems like the 4 months begins from the time they receive the applications. Did they say if your wife's card was sent to production? I am starting to think they only say that to individuals they may have missed because they don't want it to make it to the news again?
they mentioned that her photos are under review since Dec 9th. its been 2.5 months now. Nevertheless. we will keep calling them daily until this is resolved. Good luck to you too.

rizingphoenix

Star Member
Dec 29, 2021
Hello my Application status has changed to Decision Made. I had sent my PR card application on 25th Jan and it was recived on 27th Jan. Yesterday i had received an AOR. Today it is showing up as Decision Made. Does Decision Made imply that there are no further questions with regards to Photos or travel history.

Roger1985

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
My status was changed to process complete. Now just to wait for the card in the mail.

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 25, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 12, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on January 12, 2022.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on February 23, 2022

lenininy2k

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
My ECAS just changed to Complete.

Timeline:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 5, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 11, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on February 11, 2022.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on February 23, 2022.

DomA103

Feb 23, 2022
Thank you. In our case, the travel history and all details are exactly the same. in the past 5 years, we had been out of the country for hardly 2 months. will keep following up
Same as me. I certainly surpassed the required nr of days in Canada, and did not have complicated travel history. Just a few short trips here and there.

DomA103

Feb 23, 2022
My ECAS just changed to Complete.

Timeline:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 5, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 11, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on February 11, 2022.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on February 23, 2022.
Congratulations! Was yours an urgent request?

DomA103

Feb 23, 2022
My status was changed to process complete. Now just to wait for the card in the mail.

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 25, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 12, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on January 12, 2022.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on February 23, 2022
Congratulations, I am so jealous! They started my application on January 7th, and still nothing.....