+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

Krishmeerada

Dec 13, 2021
Finally received the PRCard, below is the time line, if it might be helpful for the ones who are waiting for their PR Renewal
Application of myself and family of four on July 27, 2021.
AoR: October 28, 2021
Start of processing on October 28, 2021
My entire family Decision Made same day and card dispatched on No ember 1, 2021 and received on November 5, 2021 except mine

it remain in processtill November last week and than DM since than. Called multiple times but got the standard reply that in production and I almost was of the opinion that it’s been selected for physical pick-up till my last call to in mid feb when I almost get the similar response but this time I inquired for the agent id too.

surprisingly got the status changed to complete on Feb 17, and card mailed same day just one day after my last call.

Card received today finally. Thanks for the support and lots of learning for the entire process.

Best of luck for all who are waiting, just wait abs keep a follow up.
Hello,

My wife's application is similar to above. We sent the application for myself, my wife and my kid as one package. Applications received on Oct 4th 2021 and started processing Dec '2021. Both me and my kid received the PR card 1 month back. However, my wife's status is 'Decision Made' for 5 weeks now. We have submitted 2 webforms and have got only the generic response so far. We call every day to 888-242-2100 but the call never gets connected to the agent. We get a response that the volume is high and cannot be connected.

When you say that you had inquired for the agent ID too, what does that mean? Can you please elaborate on what was done / what option was selected while calling? Appreciate your help on this.

rizingphoenix

Star Member
Dec 29, 2021
Hello All. Sorry this may sound like a dumb question. I have sent my application for PR Renewal on Jan 27th. Today i received a confirmation from IRCC stating they had received my application. PFB Screenshot i have greyed out the personal details. Just wanted to know is this an AOR which IRCC sent over or is an AOR different from the below. Also i tried retrieving the status of my application based on the link provided i am unable to retrieve my application.

UCI: xxxxxxxx

This confirms that your application for your Permanent Resident card has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2022/01/27.

xxxxxxxxxx

When should I contact IRCC?

You must notify Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC) of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:

• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual;
  • Decision to withdraw your application;
  • Change of contact information: e-mail, mailing address, telephone number;
  • You found your lost PR card - application for replacement is in process, card must be destroyed, replacement application not yet in process.

Changes to your address should be made through our online service at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp.

DomA103

Feb 23, 2022
Hello,

My wife's application is similar to above. We sent the application for myself, my wife and my kid as one package. Applications received on Oct 4th 2021 and started processing Dec '2021. Both me and my kid received the PR card 1 month back. However, my wife's status is 'Decision Made' for 5 weeks now. We have submitted 2 webforms and have got only the generic response so far. We call every day to 888-242-2100 but the call never gets connected to the agent. We get a response that the volume is high and cannot be connected.

When you say that you had inquired for the agent ID too, what does that mean? Can you please elaborate on what was done / what option was selected while calling? Appreciate your help on this.
My application was received on October 27th, and they started processing on January 7th. Currently my status is decision made but won't show when the decision was made. After a week of trying to reach them, they told me that my card has been sent to production, and I should be happy that it did, as the processing time begins from the moment they start the application. But when looking at their website, it says that their processing time starts from the moment they receive the application. Regardless, I have been waiting for the card since January 7th, and need to travel on March 10th. I thought giving it 2 months to receive a card was long enough, but I guess I was wrong. I am praying I will receive it soon but am getting REALLY anxious and nervous.

DomA103

Feb 23, 2022
Hey did anyone receive their PR cards recently? Any idea how much time it takes from decision made to PR card mailed? Mine is stuck for two weeks since decision made
Mine has been stuck since January 7th. I am not sure when it went to decision made, but it's been stuck there for a long long time now =(

DomA103

Feb 23, 2022
Quick update on mine. Checked ECAS today (feb 17) and saw status changed to Decision Made but when clicking it still shows same 3 lines.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 25, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 6, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on January 6, 2022.
Hello, we have almost the same timelines and same situation. I am not sure when it went to decision made and when I called them (tried for over a week) they wouldn't give me the answer. They received my application on October 27th, and my acknowledging receipt came on January 7th. According to the officer i spoke with he said it takes about 120 days from the date they start processing your application, which doesn't seem to make sense. If that is the case, then they should change their processing times to around 8 months..... I am panicking and freaking out, as I need to travel soon and have been waiting for my card forever now =( Have you any updates on your application?

DomA103

Feb 23, 2022
Hello, my application was received on October 27th and receipt was sent on January 7th. Started processing the same day and my application status is decision made. I am not sure when it went into decision made, but it's been at least 4 weeks. Is anyone else in the same situation and how long did it take for you to receive your card? I am so stressed and nervous, I can't even sleep at night. The officer told me the processing time starts from the moment they start processing your application and not from the moment they receive it. That contradicts with everything their website states..... Please share your experience and insights. Thank you!

Reactions: Roger1985

DomA103

Feb 23, 2022
My husband's application timelines are received on Aug 18, started processing on Nov 9, and from then wards showing decision made. submitted two IRCC webforms only generic replies. what can be done get PR card. had travel plans this feb but cancelled. any one facing through same issue? how can this be resolved.
It's starting to become really ridiculous!!! I am facing the same issues, and not sure what to do at this point. I just need the card!

DomA103

Feb 23, 2022
Here is my timeline:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 20, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 22, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on December 22, 2021.
    After that not any update yet. Any suggestions ? One of my friend applied on Nov 26 , 2021 and she received her PR card today. cic doesn’t seems like organized.
I can't believe your friend received her card already. I thought perhaps xmas messed all applications sent in fall 2021 up, but that doesnt seem to be the case. Did you receive yours? Mine says decision made but doesnt say when it went the decision was made....

DomA103

Feb 23, 2022
Hi All,
Below is the status for me and my spouse's PR, we both sent the applications in the same envelope on Nov 3rd.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 8, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 17, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on January 17, 2022, DM status on Jan 23rd
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on January 26, 2022.
  5. Received the PR card today by mail for both. :D, Thanks to GOD, Best wishes and prayers for all who are waiting !!!
That's great, happy for you. Mine has been stuck, and I am starting to think they have forgotten about my application. DM since January 7th I think and no card still..... =(

DomA103

Feb 23, 2022
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 3, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 14, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on January 14, 2022.
we r on the same boat. DM on Jan 15, no more update
Have you received any updates?

DomA103

Feb 23, 2022
I contacted IRCC yesterday and asked why my status has been stuck at "Decision Made" since November and they said there's no issues with my application and it's due to a backlog in printing PR cards. So I asked if my application is approved and the customer rep said yes it most probably is.

Hopefully I will get the card soon!
Hello, I was wondering if you have received your card yet?