+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Are you guys able to link your PR card renewal application to your GC Key? It keeps saying application not found for me even though I'm able to see my application status in the IRCC application status page.

The weird part is that it asks me for my City of Birth but this info was not provided when I filled up on my application form.
I have the same problem. No matter what combinations I try, I can't link my application..
Try putting place of birth as per your passport (if its there and you havent tried earlier)

Feb 8, 2022
Tried everything, all combinations for place of birth: as per passport, as per landing papers, with or without commas, spaces, capital letters.... everything. nothing works.

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
Tried everything, all combinations for place of birth: as per passport, as per landing papers, with or without commas, spaces, capital letters.... everything. nothing works.
It took me 2 months of trying to link my application to my GCKey account until I figured out that they put my country of birth in place of my city of birth (e.g. UK, UK instead of London, UK).
So just a suggestion - try checking for where they could have misspelled something or made a mistake (if your name has apostrophes or hyphens try with and without, ph vs. f, etc).

sherzod

May 27, 2014
Tashkent
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
CC charged 09.03.2015
Nomination.....
PER 29.03.2015
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
SLU on 26.03.2015 but updated on 06.08.2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
I am looking for URL where I can apply online for PR card renewal for my son (minor), can anyone share it if there is any? Thank you.

rajeshb220591

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
Hi all,
I have a question regarding Residency obligation. I am a permanent resident working full-time for a Canadian company. I am planning to live in the US for about a year. My question is, will this time spent outside Canada be considered towards days spent for RO, if i continue working my current job remotely?
I did find few articles about this online but the wording kind of confused me so i decided to ask my question here.
Thanks for your help.

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
People like to attack for no reason. I am no in breach awaiting on my initial PR Card. Need to go back home to visit my mom who is sick in the hospital and when speaking to IRCC they told me to get a PRTD but don't trust the wait on that and don't want to be stuck outside of Canada for long. I would not be in breach of my RO.
Thank you again for answering, and confirming what I have stated earlier: timing of processing (for PR cards and PRTDs) vary greatly. Some may get it in days, others may wait for years.

Reactions: dcowboys

jgm737

Feb 17, 2022
Good morning everyone!

This is my timeline… anyone with similar dates still waiting for an update? Thanks!

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 12, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 20, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on January 20, 2022.

sirliujin

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Good morning everyone!

This is my timeline… anyone with similar dates still waiting for an update? Thanks!

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 12, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 20, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on January 20, 2022.
My wife's application timeline is as below. Still waiting for an update.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 18, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 24, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on January 24, 2022.

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
I wonder if there is a pattern of discrimination in how the PR and PRTD applications processed (are they more often delayed if someone is, let's say, male, not of African descent, has traditional sexual orientation, is presumed to be of certain ethnic and religious background and etc.), or is this "falling into the black hole" a total random thing, like a terrible luck, that happens to so many applicants which express their grievances on this forum?
NOTE: I would exclude from this group individuals who are in clear violation of RO (those applicants are not entitled to get PR card renewed or PRTD issued to begin with). I am only curious about those who are compliant with RO , but are still arbitrarily tortured by CIC with years of processing.

dcowboys

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
I wonder if there is a pattern of discrimination in how the PR and PRTD applications processed (are they more often delayed if someone is, let's say, male, not of African descent, has traditional sexual orientation, is presumed to be of certain ethnic and religious background and etc.), or is this "falling into the black hole" a total random thing, like a terrible luck, that happens to so many applicants which express their grievances on this forum?
NOTE: I would exclude from this group individuals who are in clear violation of RO (those applicants are not entitled to get PR card renewed or PRTD issued to begin with). I am only curious about those who are compliant with RO , but are still arbitrarily tortured by CIC with years of processing.

I don't think its discrimination I think they are just inept in being able to do there job and don't care what they put people through. I mean how hard is it to print a PR card? Banks and other corporation get things done quicker. I got my SIN, health, bank and credit cards so quickly but here I am over 6 months since landing waiting on my initial PR card. They want to bring in 1.3 million immigrants within the next 3 years. I highly doubt that happens.

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
I don't think its discrimination I think they are just inept in being able to do there job and don't care what they put people through. I mean how hard is it to print a PR card? Banks and other corporation get things done quicker. I got my SIN, health, bank and credit cards so quickly but here I am over 6 months since landing waiting on my initial PR card.
I don't entirely disagree. It's certainly possible. I am just wondering if there is any discriminatory pattern. Because, they are not uniformly failing all applicants. It seems there are lucky ones, who get everything in days or weeks. And then there are some very unlucky individuals who wait for the same benefit/document for years. Of course, not having any evidence to support the allegation, I wouldn't say that this is a result of discriminatory action. I am just curious if it is.

They want to bring in 1.3 million immigrants within the next 3 years. I highly doubt that happens.
They can bring 30 million immigrants, I guess it's doable logistically (just open the borders and give everyone a piece of paper that says they are PRs). The problem is: how will these immigrants fare? What is the point of bringing so many people in that they will end up in worse economic and social condition than they were before immigration? After all, immigration policy must benefit both immigrants and a host country. Bringing way too many immigrants harms both.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,
I have a question regarding Residency obligation. I am a permanent resident working full-time for a Canadian company. I am planning to live in the US for about a year. My question is, will this time spent outside Canada be considered towards days spent for RO, if i continue working my current job remotely?
I did find few articles about this online but the wording kind of confused me so i decided to ask my question here.
Thanks for your help.
In order for the time to count, your employer would need temporarily transfer you to a role located with their operations outside of Canada. If you are simply going to work the same job you work now but remotely from the US, then that will not count.

Reactions: rajeshb220591