+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

Roger1985

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
kindly share your timeline when you applied and when you got AOR please ?
We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 25, 2021.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 12, 2022.
We started processing your application on January 12, 2022
Decision made February 14, 2022.

The decision made is showing on ECAS when I log in but when I click I still only have 3 lines. I'll give it a few days to update.

Vij.vishu

Feb 14, 2022
We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 25, 2021.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 12, 2022.
We started processing your application on January 12, 2022
Decision made February 14, 2022.

The decision made is showing on ECAS when I log in but when I click I still only have 3 lines. I'll give it a few days to update.
yea same here on my application decision made show up same .

i sent application on Dec 20-2021
They started processing Feb 4th
Same day decision made . No update after that

Roger1985

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
yea same here on my application decision made show up same .

i sent application on Dec 20-2021
They started processing Feb 4th
Same day decision made . No update after that
Your application is moving a lot faster than mine. I sent mine since October.

skidmarkz

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
CIVIL ENGINEER
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
13-02-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2016
Guys I have quick question, my friend has been waiting for his new PR card (decision made and in printing process) meanwhile his current PR card will expire in May 2022. Could he go out from Canada using his current PR card which will expire in May? Thanks

dcowboys

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Hi, I got my CoPR on Aug 25th 2021 and I am waiting for the PR card for last 6 months. I have submitted many web forms and called IRCC multiple times ,but wasn't helpful. I got the confirmation from Etobicoke office and under portal it shows mailing address approved and photo in review. Can someone pls advise me what can I do next to speed up the process or do I need to apply for a new card?

Try contacting your local MP for any update. I have been waiting since July 3 and no PR card yet, Just keep being told it is being processed.

dcowboys

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Guys I have quick question, my friend has been waiting for his new PR card (decision made and in printing process) meanwhile his current PR card will expire in May 2022. Could he go out from Canada using his current PR card which will expire in May? Thanks

You can leave but coming back you will need to get a PRTD or come through the US border if you have a valid visa for US.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-permanent-resident-travel-document.html

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
Try contacting your local MP for any update. I have been waiting since July 3 and no PR card yet, Just keep being told it is being processed.
@dcowboys , are you and have you been in breach of RO when you applied for PR card? I posted about some PRs waiting for years to get the travel document, and immediately certain regular members on this forum attacked me, implying that I was making this up. They further alleged that delays happen only to those who are in breach of RO (so, legally not eligible to get a benefit), and if you are not in breach of RO you only wait days or weeks to get the benefit/document you seek. Could you share your experience on this? Are they correct?

Last edited:

nicolel

Jul 30, 2017
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 25, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 6, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on January 6, 2022.
Fingers crossed I hear from them soon. I know I'm still well within the timeline but can't help but worry seeing ppl with AOR + DM same day.
Still no updates on mine. Anyone in October waiting for theirs still?

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
Hey

I applied through EE.

At the port of landing, the immigration officer applies for PR card and you can link the same in your GC key.

The application number of PR card is totally different and it starts with R...
Thank you so much, this was extremely helpful!
As I couldn't get hold of IRCC on the phone for two months, I made an inquiry with my MP regarding the status of my application. Turns out they haven't even processed my photos yet, and the MP's office says they can't do anything about it.
But now at least I have an application number (got it from IRCC's response to my MP), that I now linked to my GCKey account. However, when I try to check the status of the application on CIC website, nothing comes up, so I suspect that 4 months into my stay in the country, they still haven't started processing.

skidmarkz

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
CIVIL ENGINEER
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
13-02-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2016
You can leave but coming back you will need to get a PRTD or come through the US border if you have a valid visa for US.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-permanent-resident-travel-document.html
But his current PR cad card is still valid until May though
He will be in US only for 2 weeks in March

Let's say by that time his new PR card still hasn't arrived yet, could he use his pr card

skidmarkz

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
CIVIL ENGINEER
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
13-02-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2016
But his current PR cad card is still valid until May though
He will be in US only for 2 weeks in March

Let's say by that time his new PR card still hasn't arrived yet, could he use his pr card (exp in May) to enter cad?