+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

Vignesh1985

Nov 10, 2014
My husband's PR renewal has almost the same time line as yours.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 8, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 21, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on December 21, 2021.
Hoping for some movement soon.
May I know what status you see on eCAS website? My wife's application too almost the same timeline. Looks like all files opened before Christmas eve has been forgotten/misplaced in the queue. Mine was also the same timeline but I received it last week. And my wife's application got struck somewhere even though it says 'Decision Made'.

sruthim

Feb 8, 2022
My husband's application timelines are received on Aug 18, started processing on Nov 9, and from then wards showing decision made. submitted two IRCC webforms only generic replies. what can be done get PR card. had travel plans this feb but cancelled. any one facing through same issue? how can this be resolved.

Feb 11, 2022
I really hope this means I’ll get approved and my card (renewal) back soon!
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 4, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 11, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on February 11, 2022.

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
Hello Guys,

I landed in Toronto on 7th December 2021 and the officer applied for my initial PR card at the port of entry.

I also linked my PR card application in GC key.

More than 2 months has passed away and there is no activity in my GC key.

I want to know where can i email IRCC to get status of my Card.

I would appreciate your help.
Hi. Which immigration process did you go through: EE, family, etc?
I arrived in October, and still waiting. I had my (family) PR application linked to my GCkey account, and I was under the impression that PR card is just the extention of the same application..did you create a separate application?

mr .j

Mar 1, 2018
Hello , my wifes PR card was sent for renewal back in sep 2021 , its still has not arriven yet .and we are in india now .

we have house possession in 20 days,for which we need to get back ASAP.whats the best way?

some are suggesting to enter back through land border from USA , we both have USA visa. , please suggest is it possible?

forsaken11

Star Member
Mar 7, 2013
I arrived in October, and still waiting. I had my (family) PR application linked to my GCkey account, and I was under the impression that PR card is just the extention of the same application..did you create a separate application?
I was under the same impression. However, after reading this, I just went to IRCC account (GCKEY) and clicked on add application. This allowed me to now link a separate PR card application to my IRCC account.

forsaken11

Star Member
Mar 7, 2013
Question for those who are waiting for their first PR card. Are folks who landed in Sep/Oct still waiting? Just trying to get a sense of the timelines.

Also, for the first PR card, does it matter where you land and which stream?

Finally, anyway to link the first PR card application to ECAS? I could link it to GCKEY but ECAS just shows the PR application as complete. No updates for PR card.

Reactions: FARR2091

Ramsima

Feb 2, 2022
Hello , my wifes PR card was sent for renewal back in sep 2021 , its still has not arriven yet .and we are in india now .

we have house possession in 20 days,for which we need to get back ASAP.whats the best way?

some are suggesting to enter back through land border from USA , we both have USA visa. , please suggest is it possible?
Hi there
yes its the easiest way. I cross the border last month with an expired PR card in my private vehicle.
the officer just reminded me that the PR is expired , lol
but keep in mind. ONLY private vehicle, rental cars are private as well, but NO public bus or train.

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
I was under the same impression. However, after reading this, I just went to IRCC account (GCKEY) and clicked on add application. This allowed me to now link a separate PR card application to my IRCC account.
Huh! Thanks, I'll try that! Did you use the same application number as your original PR application (for when you were outside the country)?

octopus007

Oct 12, 2019
Hey

I applied through EE.

At the port of landing, the immigration officer applies for PR card and you can link the same in your GC key.

The application number of PR card is totally different and it starts with R...

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hello Guys,

I landed in Toronto on 7th December 2021 and the officer applied for my initial PR card at the port of entry.

I also linked my PR card application in GC key.

More than 2 months has passed away and there is no activity in my GC key.

I want to know where can i email IRCC to get status of my Card.

I would appreciate your help.
I landed on 11th Jan. Did link PR card to gckey. Number starts with "R". Does this mean that IRCC has initiated PR card process ?

octopus007

Oct 12, 2019
I landed on 11th Jan. Did link PR card to gckey. Number starts with "R". Does this mean that IRCC has initiated PR card process ?
Yes your application is filed for PR card but the processing may or may not be started. Im on the same boat.

Reactions: CNP