+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

Feb 8, 2022
Update received :

My application was received on Jan 10,2022
AOR received today at 10.00 pm

AOR received in less than a month. Can’t see the application status yet.

fingers crossed.

JamesBox

Star Member
Jan 15, 2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Hi there,

Can anybody help ?

When i log in i see this :

Permanent Resident Card Application Status
my name Decision Made

When I click on decision made, I don't see any decision.

Permanent Resident Card

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on December 17, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 7, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on February 7, 2022.

Can someone help ? Thanks.
Mine is in the same stage. From what I can tell (reading other peoples' updates), you will receive a message saying your card is being sent. Not sure if there are updates between this point and hearing it's been mailed.

Feb 8, 2022
My timelines for PR Card Renewal are:
Application received : Jan 10,2022
AOR Received : Feb 8, 2022
DM : Feb 8, 2022

While I checked my application status today, my home address is correct and current, however though I didnt provide any mailing address, it shows my mailing address is my Indian address that I used to stay before I became PR. I have requested the change of mailing address online.

I had a small question while viewing my status :

The following tables will help you understand the status of your application.

when i click this table, there is an explanation of each step.

under DECISION MADE I can see the following explaination:

Approval Status Determined
Your application will be either approved or rejected. You will be informed of the decision.

If your application is approved, you will be notified by mail within four weeks and invited to pick up your card at the IRCC office closest to you.

If your application is rejected, you will be notified of the decision by mail.

Does it mean my application is for in person pickup? or is this a general explaination?

I am really stressed due to this. Any help here would be highly appreciated.

many thanks

Reactions: UniqueCase

UniqueCase

Jul 10, 2018
My timelines for PR Card Renewal are:
Application received : Jan 10,2022
AOR Received : Feb 8, 2022
DM : Feb 8, 2022

While I checked my application status today, my home address is correct and current, however though I didnt provide any mailing address, it shows my mailing address is my Indian address that I used to stay before I became PR. I have requested the change of mailing address online.

I had a small question while viewing my status :

The following tables will help you understand the status of your application.

when i click this table, there is an explanation of each step.

under DECISION MADE I can see the following explaination:

Approval Status Determined
Your application will be either approved or rejected. You will be informed of the decision.

If your application is approved, you will be notified by mail within four weeks and invited to pick up your card at the IRCC office closest to you.

If your application is rejected, you will be notified of the decision by mail.

Does it mean my application is for in person pickup? or is this a general explaination?

I am really stressed due to this. Any help here would be highly appreciated.

many thanks
Congratulations! Was it an urgent application?

niagracalling

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2014
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b]New Delhi[/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=purple][b]1111[/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[color=purple][b]08-09-2014[/b][/color]
Doc's Request.
[color=purple][b]DD 24-11-2014[/b][/color]
Nomination.....
[color=purple][b]PER 16-12-2014[/b][/color]
IELTS Request
[color=purple][b]Sent[/b][/color]
File Transfer...
[color=purple][b]Started processing on 27-02-2015[/b][/color]
Med's Request
[color=purple][b]25-03-2015[/b][/color]
Med's Done....
[color=purple][b]28-03-2015 Third line update 08-04-2015[/b][/color]
Interview........
[color=purple][b]Skipped (Decision Made 14-05-2015)[/b][/color]
Passport Req..
[color=purple][b]13-05-2015[/b][/color]
VISA ISSUED...
[color=purple][b]21-05-2015[/b][/color][img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f126/pranav1981/canadianflag_zpsftrnold1.gif[/img]
LANDED..........
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f126/pranav1981/canstock14162064_zpsbfe36209.jpg[/img]
Guys
Question regarding application for PR card renewal. We sent 4 applications together for our family. Received PR cards for 3 of us and haven't heard back for 1 application of my daughter. I remember her Indian passport was expired at the time of application.
Is there any way to get to know what's going on with her application as we all are considering travelling out of Canada shortly.
Thanks

Ricky5206

Aug 16, 2016
Update received :

My application was received on Jan 10,2022
AOR received today at 10.00 pm

AOR received in less than a month. Can’t see the application status yet.

fingers crossed.
Thanks for the update, did you get the AOR in a mail or an email?
FYI - I applied around the same time

Feb 8, 2022
It was an email. I have also submitted my wife and daughter's applications, which were delivered on the same day but there is no update for them

Tackica

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
I am writing this message to encourage everyone whose PR card renewal was received in summer 2021 to contact their MPs, because chances are high your cases are just forgotten somewhere at the bottom of the drawer.

This is my timeline:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 11, 2021.
  2. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on February 8, 2022.
My case was easy and straightforward with application file neat and complete, yet it took them 243 days to process my request. I called one million times, sent innumerous webforms, and then finally I contacted my MP and asked for urgent processing. It was approved, but even with "fast-track" it took about a month for urgent PR card renewal.

I find this absolutely unacceptable. And no one seems responsible.

Please, if you have been waiting for your PR card renewal way longer than average processing time, contact your MP and press until you get your document. Insist on having your document. Generic responses like Covid-19 or Afghanistan are not acceptable.

Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: Roger1985

thrissookkaran

Star Member
Dec 9, 2015
Guys
Question regarding application for PR card renewal. We sent 4 applications together for our family. Received PR cards for 3 of us and haven't heard back for 1 application of my daughter. I remember her Indian passport was expired at the time of application.
Is there any way to get to know what's going on with her application as we all are considering travelling out of Canada shortly.
Thanks
You can check the status of application at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html
If nothing shows up/ anything concerning, send a web form or call their number.

ranjan05

Star Member
May 22, 2012
My application is on decision made since 16th December after that no update. I am unable to add my application in GC key. I tried calling IRCC but always busy. How to resolve this.