+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

Coolman009

Jan 20, 2022
How we can request for Urgent Processing of an aplication which is already in process. Is it by submitting webform
You need to fill another application, attach the reason of your urgency and write Urgent in the envelope all sides, no need to fill webform as they will tell you to do above.

Sania01

Oct 31, 2021
I have applied for my pr card renewal.
Paper Application sent to Sydney- 15 July 2021
Acknoledgment received - 20th sep 2021
Decision made Started processing Application - 10th Oct 2021

Latest update received the application is transferred to local officer and they will contact .
Kindly advice what is the next step and how long do I have to wait.
how you got to know that it has been transferred to local office? As my case also stuck in decision made since end of November, application was received in July 28, 2021

Ananta13

Jan 12, 2017
BC
Please I just saw this page, my PR CARD expires March 2023, I have applied for citizenship and am only at Background verification.

Please when do you suggest I can start the application for renewal of PR card or if you have a website I can visit.

thank you
Please
9 months before your card expires. So I would assume may or June 2022

Reactions: Onaki

G4L

Aug 8, 2017
Has anyone been able to successfully submit the IRCC Webform for urgent processing?

My status has been set to Decision Made since Nov 17 and I have not received any update since then. I have a flight back to my home country around the end of February as my grandfather is not feeling well and I would like to visit him before he passes. I was planning on submitting the IRCC Webform for urgent processing and attaching my itinerary but I was wondering if this is even worth my time.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 26, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 17, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on November 17, 2021.

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Hey everyone!

I landed into Canada 15th of January for and became PR. I didn't have an address yet so officer gave me the link to eCAS to update my address. I managed to also link my application onto mycic.

But whenever I try to login into eCAS to update address, i get the following error:

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

• "Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
  • This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
    Application Processing Times
  • At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
    • sponsored a member of the family class;
    • applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
    • applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
    • applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
    • applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
    • applied to resume Canadian citizenship."

All my information is correct, I doubled checked. I tried login through UCI, application number, copr number.. etc and i keep getting the same error.
Anyone know what to do?

Edit: its been like this every day since the 15th so I dont think its a glitch

Last edited:

Deenanath

Jan 18, 2022
You can only link your application if you have received the first correspondance email from cic stating that they have receiced your application. In the subject line of this email, you will find the necessary application file number in order to link it to your GCKey Account.
I am unable to link my PR Renewal application with GC Key although I got email confirmation and my ecas show in process.
The information in email is the R number the correspondence ID and UCI number.
The application number is not mentioned in email.

MsBeat

Aug 5, 2020
Hi KKS123,
Can you lease share to which location PR card was mailed. My PR card was sent on 14-Jan and yet to receive it .I'am from Toronto.
Do you mind sharing when did you apply for the PR card? My husband just applied for the PR card using the online PR portal and wondering when he will receive his PR card. Thanks.

MsBeat

Aug 5, 2020
Hi . I have never received my FIRST PR card and cic still showing in process since PR approval date MID AUGUST 2021.

I called and emailed them same answer : still in progress

I want to travel back home ; it's been more than 5months ; really frustrating .

What Can I do ?

Please advise.
Do you use the online PR portal, the virtual landing? Or the physical landing? My husband just applied using the online PR portal and wondering when he will receive his first PR card.

barabashka

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Anyone in BC got their card?

Decision Made: Dec 20
Card Mailed: Dec 23, case completed.

Still waiting for my card, I’m in Vancouver BC. Is this timeline normal? kinda starting feeling nervous..

Thank you guys!
Hey there, have you got your card?
I am also waiting for the card to arrive to Vancouver address - mailed on Dec 29th...still waiting, 4 weeks already...

KiriMiri

Jan 4, 2022
I am unable to link my PR Renewal application with GC Key although I got email confirmation and my ecas show in process.
The information in email is the R number the correspondence ID and UCI number.
The application number is not mentioned in email.
Do you have any other applications like citizenship in process at the moment? I have read in previous posts that this can cause issues in monitoring GC Key several applications at the same time. Other than that…i am not sure. Anybody to help out here?

Reactions: Deenanath

kathysrazor

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
This is a long time processing from receiving to starting process.
Well, they finally got back to me today with a question about my PRTD application from last June.

I also finally heard from them about my PR card application from last March. As of January 15th, "We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process. All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment. "

Online, it still shows Decision Made.

Ana1222

Jan 27, 2022
Hi everyone
Have anyone recently received PR card sent by mail in Vancouver area? Mine was sent Dec 29th and still nothing in the mailbox...I have also recently changed the address (and updated), so am not actually sure if the card was sent to an old or the new address. A bit tricky to monitor in mutiple places...
So, any PR cards delivered recently in Vancouver, and when they were sent from Sydney, NS?
Thanks!
Hi! Did you receive your card yet? My mom’s card is in the same boat. It says in the application that they mailed her card last December 29, but we still haven’t received it up to now :/ We are in Alberta

barabashka

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Hi! Did you receive your card yet? My mom’s card is in the same boat. It says in the application that they mailed her card last December 29, but we still haven’t received it up to now :/ We are in Alberta
Hi
No, I have not received it, more than 4 weeks now since it was mailed. I did get a confirmation from IRCC (both by phone and by email as a response to webform request) about the address where it was sent to - so I am quite sure I am monitoring the right mailbox...
I called Canada Post to see if there is any specific problem with letter mails arriving to BC around this time, and they said there are general delays, but nothing specific. To my question when is the cut off time that I should consider the mail is lost rather than delayed, they said wait one more week (I asked 2 days ago...).

Last edited:

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to fill another application, attach the reason of your urgency and write Urgent in the envelope all sides, no need to fill webform as they will tell you to do above.
You can submit a request through webform. It is mentioned on CIC's website. You need to submit proof for your urgency and only certain criteria are covered.