+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

jessiejgl

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Hi there, is it normal that in my PR portal the status is: "Review with IRCC" but when I login to my CIC account, its says its been approved and they already sent out my PR card?

cohenbrother

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
Mine is also first time renew.
DM and processing start on date 15 Dec. Everything is ok with my file as well as per agent.
Hopefully we will get card mailed in new year first week. Fingers crossed.
yeah i hope, but i guess they probably see mine expires Feb so did not prioritize mine, i am just a little curious and anxious that why mine is still not done since DM was made on Nov 7. and it already passed the processing time (around 130 days)

Jp4747

Dec 30, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I applied for my PR card on Online portal on July 31, 2021. Still waiting for my initial PR card, I tried calling and emailing back to the PR portal email, Nothing working out so far,

Applied on - July 31,2021
Address approved - Aug 02,2021
Photo - In review

IRCC saying to wait for the card, I do understand wait time, but it’s been almost 5 months now no update at all, How can I escalate this situation, Already applied for GCMS its been more than 1 month and haven’t received any reply for that as well,

Just confused what to do,

FJOBrien

Dec 30, 2021
My husband is a permanent resident, I am a Canadian citizen. We just got back from a vacation in Mexico. Since my husband's PR card (received August 6, started processing November 8) had not arrived, we decided to arrange for him to fly from Buffalo and meet us down there. So, he drove to Buffalo, flew to our destination, enjoyed a 2 week holiday and then flew back to Buffalo and just drive home over the Niagara border. His expired card was not an issue, as he presented other documentation proving his Canadian residence status. Unfortunately, that means out exposure to Covid was exponentially higher because of his 2 connecting flights back. But we followed the rules - always do. I'm glad it worked, but disappointed that it's taking SO long to get his card back. (It was a lovely getaway, btw). Anyone wondering about crossing the land border with and expired card, it was absolutely no problem.
You decided not to risk airline flight

RtreePam

Oct 5, 2021
Traveled a lot. But I had more than a year of buffer days at the time of applying. ATIP notes also confirm that I meet RO.
Hello Orgocom,
Did you recieve the pickup letter for your pr card? I am in the same boat,
If yes please share your timeline

Faiz Dogar

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
My application is "in process" since Oct 22nd, I need to travel next month. I requested urgent process this week. I got this reply today( Dec 31) morning:

This message is to inform you that we have received your request for the urgent processing of your Permanent Resident Card (PR card).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that we have forwarded your request to the responsible office.

Can someone tell me, what is its mean of this message? Forwarding to the responsible office, is it indication that urgent request is approved or the responsible office will decide to approve or reject the urgent request to process the application?

KKS123@

Star Member
May 28, 2021
My application is "in process" since Oct 22nd, I need to travel next month. I requested urgent process this week. I got this reply today( Dec 31) morning:

This message is to inform you that we have received your request for the urgent processing of your Permanent Resident Card (PR card).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that we have forwarded your request to the respon
sible office.

Can someone tell me, what is its mean of this message? Forwarding to the responsible office, is it indication that urgent request is approved or the responsible office will decide to approve or reject the urgent request to process the application?
One query, how did you request for urgent processing ? Did they ask you reason ? If yes, what reasons considered as urgent processing

KKS123@

Star Member
May 28, 2021
medical emergency of my father back home
oh ok . Did they ask for any documents to prove that ?
I have a travel planned in last week of January so trying to explore options for fast process. My application is in progress from 15 Dec and DM on ECAS

Faiz Dogar

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
oh ok . Did they ask for any documents to prove that ?
I have a travel planned in last week of January so trying to explore options for fast process. My application is in progress from 15 Dec and DM on ECAS

To request urgent processing of your PR card, please send us the following information by filling out the appropriate IRCC Web form, and include:

• Your surname and given name,
  • Your client identification (ID) number (if available),
  • Your date of birth,
  • Your home address,
  • Your telephone number (number where we can reach you during business hours),
  • Your email address (if applicable),
  • Proof of travel (copy of your ticket or itinerary),
    • showing your destination and travel dates,
    • issued for a future date,
  • A copy of your receipt showing:
    • the full payment on the ticket,
    • the amount paid and your payment method,
  • A letter explaining the reason for the urgency, and
  • Proof of urgency (e.g. a doctor's note, death certificate, or letter from your employer),
    • please include a translation in English or French if your proof of urgency is written in another language.

KKS123@

Star Member
May 28, 2021
To request urgent processing of your PR card, please send us the following information by filling out the appropriate IRCC Web form, and include:

• Your surname and given name,
  • Your client identification (ID) number (if available),
  • Your date of birth,
  • Your home address,
  • Your telephone number (number where we can reach you during business hours),
  • Your email address (if applicable),
  • Proof of travel (copy of your ticket or itinerary),
    • showing your destination and travel dates,
    • issued for a future date,
  • A copy of your receipt showing:
    • the full payment on the ticket,
    • the amount paid and your payment method,
  • Proof of urgency (e.g. a doctor's note, death certificate, or letter from your employer),
    • please include a translation in English or French if your proof of urgency is written in another language.
SO we need to submit the documents to prove the matter of urgency as per below docs mentioned in the list

Faiz Dogar

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
SO we need to submit the documents to prove the matter of urgency as per below docs mentioned in the list

Yes, exactly !!

Reactions: KKS123@

Faiz Dogar

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that we have forwarded your request to the respon
sible office.

Has some experienced this situation?