+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

JimSharp

Oct 4, 2016
Already checked the status on this link. This is the update I see:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 13, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 15, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on December 15, 2021.
Any number/email ID which can be used to know what is happening with app as card is already in production from last 8-9 days?
I had my last (5 years ago) card go missing "in production" and it turned out there was some snafu between "approved" and "sent" that was never fully explained, (said it was a "printing" problem...) but it took quite few long, patient phone holds and emails to finally get someone who could access the process to ID the problem and fix it on their end. Unfortunately I did not keep good notes on how I got thru to a helpful human (and it likely has changed) but it took some doing. I would suggest doing nothing until Jan 3 or so as I doubt there are bodies any place useful till then. Then I would call whatever immigration phone numbers you can find on-line until you get a human - any human - explain your problem and see if they can please give you a useful phone number or perhaps research themselves. It may take a couple of calls/emails but eventually you tend to find someone who knows how to unlock the code. But I would wait till a few days after Jan 1. And log all your attempts at contact. Good luck. Still waiting on my renewal that was AORed Nov. 24 fwiw. (One thing I remember trying was calling the local Sidney number instead of the 800. I think that got me to a human at some point.)

KKS123@

Star Member
May 28, 2021
I had my last (5 years ago) card go missing "in production" and it turned out there was some snafu between "approved" and "sent" that was never fully explained, (said it was a "printing" problem...) but it took quite few long, patient phone holds and emails to finally get someone who could access the process to ID the problem and fix it on their end. Unfortunately I did not keep good notes on how I got thru to a helpful human (and it likely has changed) but it took some doing. I would suggest doing nothing until Jan 3 or so as I doubt there are bodies any place useful till then. Then I would call whatever immigration phone numbers you can find on-line until you get a human - any human - explain your problem and see if they can please give you a useful phone number or perhaps research themselves. It may take a couple of calls/emails but eventually you tend to find someone who knows how to unlock the code. But I would wait till a few days after Jan 1. And log all your attempts at contact. Good luck. Still waiting on my renewal that was AORed Nov. 24 fwiw. (One thing I remember trying was calling the local Sidney number instead of the 800. I think that got me to a human at some point.)
That's making me worried. Every time I call they say it is in production and says that it will take somewhere between 3-4 months (overall time) to get card.
I have already told them that people are getting card sent update in 3-4 days after application went in to started processing for me, it is already 13 days. After telling all these, they give same update and tell me to wait and tells that everything fine with my application (like forms, photos). They didn't give me any number to contact to check status. If you can recall that Sydney number then that would be really helpful.
Thanks for direction !! Best of luck for your application....

Skywalker09

Star Member
Sep 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07/09/2014
Med's Request
07/20/2015
Med's Done....
08/07/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/23/2015
VISA ISSUED...
09/11/2015
LANDED..........
05/07/2016
That's making me worried. Every time I call they say it is in production and says that it will take somewhere between 3-4 months (overall time) to get card.
I have already told them that people are getting card sent update in 3-4 days after application went in to started processing for me, it is already 13 days. After telling all these, they give same update and tell me to wait and tells that everything fine with my application (like forms, photos). They didn't give me any number to contact to check status. If you can recall that Sydney number then that would be really helpful.
We are on the same boat. Mine is Decision Made and line 3. We started processing application December 7. Getting worried as well.

KKS123@

Star Member
May 28, 2021
We are on the same boat. Mine is Decision Made and line 3. We started processing application December 7. Getting worried as well.
Oh.. May I know, did you meet the residence obligations for PR card renew?
For me, I was out of Canada for 985 days in last 5 years because of this I am getting worried, Will this pose a problem or is it fine ?

JimSharp

Oct 4, 2016
Fwiw, my last one was sent for in person pick-up - and my guess is that was the "real" issue - they forgot to tell me. Once we figured that out, I was able to go get it in person. If your account says "decision made" you should be able to get some info, if it's still "in process" you'll have to wait, I'm guessing. There does not seem to be a consistent timeline between "in process" and DM.

Skywalker09

Star Member
Sep 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07/09/2014
Med's Request
07/20/2015
Med's Done....
08/07/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/23/2015
VISA ISSUED...
09/11/2015
LANDED..........
05/07/2016
Oh.. May I know, did you meet the residence obligations for PR card renew?
For me, I was out of Canada for 985 days in last 5 years because of this I am getting worried, Will this pose a problem or is it fine ?
Shouldn't be a problem. We are about the same. I heard people who only have 1 month buffer had their renewal process very smooth. If you called IRCC and they already told you that your application had no issues, then it is safe to say that your application wont be subjected to "secondary review" which is dreadful and a long process.

RtreePam

Oct 5, 2021
Fwiw, my last one was sent for in person pick-up - and my guess is that was the "real" issue - they forgot to tell me. Once we figured that out, I was able to go get it in person. If your account says "decision made" you should be able to get some info, if it's still "in process" you'll have to wait, I'm guessing. There does not seem to be a consistent timeline between "in process" and DM.
Hello, how long did it take you from decision made to the in person pick up interview?
I am now in the same boat, Iam on decision made from August 20 2021 ..

JimSharp

Oct 4, 2016
Hello, how long did it take you from decision made to the in person pick up interview?
I am now in the same boat, Iam on decision made from August 20 2021 ..
It took me a few weeks to figure it out, but back then (5 years ago) there was a more reasonable time-frame and once you went beyond it, it was clear something was wrong. The time-frame right now seems very inconsistent, but if you were DM in August and have not heard, I think you need to do everything you can to track down a human in Jan. My guess is your card has either fallen through the cracks or is awaiting pick-up and you only have 180 days to pick up or you start over again.

Lizer

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
Hello all,
My husband and daughter applied for pr card because they changed their last names. Their application status in ecas is in process and shows the following:
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 24, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 5, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on December 5, 2021
    no decision made or anything since then! Do you think thats normal guys?
    Thanks

KKS123@

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Shouldn't be a problem. We are about the same. I heard people who only have 1 month buffer had their renewal process very smooth. If you called IRCC and they already told you that your application had no issues, then it is safe to say that your application wont be subjected to "secondary review" which is dreadful and a long process.
That's a relief.
Had a chat with IRCC agent now & they said everything looks good on the file (forms and photos etc.) and card is in production as per notes captured in the file. I told that it is in production from last 2 weeks and in-process from last 14 days then she said it is normal and typical. I told that wanted to make sure that card shouldn't get lost in between in-process and production then she said this won't happen. And for now, she can only tell the update that card is in production and already at last leg in the process.
Planned a travel in January mid-week. Keeping fingers crossed to get some updates soon & get my card delivered.

Last edited:

Akash20071986

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Chat
That's a relief.
Had a chat with IRCC agent now & they said everything looks good on the file (forms and photos etc.) and card is in production as per notes captured in the file. I told that it is in production from last 2 weeks and in-process from last 14 days then she said it is normal and typical. I told that wanted to make sure that card shouldn't get lost in between in-process and production then she said this won't happen. And for now, she can only tell the update that card is in production and already at last leg in the process.
Planned a travel in January mid-week. Keeping fingers crossed to get some updates soon & get my card delivered.
That's a relief.
Chat.. Where did you chat.. Can you pls share the link or you call pr card renewal number?

cohenbrother

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
Application received Aug 9th
Processing start/DM Nov 7th
first time renew
nothing after, 7 weeks already, but mine expired next year Feb 22nd, so i guess i will call them if i still get nothing at the end of Jan.
i just called them, they told me still in progress, nothing wrong with my application, just slow, and wait
since it will expire Feb 22nd, they told me better call them if not receive when it is approching the expiration date

JoanneB

Star Member
Nov 11, 2021
i just called them, they told me still in progress, nothing wrong with my application, just slow, and wait
since it will expire Feb 22nd, they told me better call them if not receive when it is approching the expiration date
What happens if it expires when it is in their hands? My husband’s expired in October and we have still not received a new one. Application was sent in August.

KKS123@

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Mine is also first time renew.
DM and processing start on date 15 Dec. Everything is ok with my file as well as per agent.
Hopefully we will get card mailed in new year first week. Fingers crossed.