+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

CasioLottoMax

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Today following entries visible in ECAS for the both of us:

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 18, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 22, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on December 22, 2021.
as well ECAS stating: Decision Made
for spouse who is also in the stage of citizenship application (Sep 2019 applicant) and received oath invite for 1st February-2022 the PR renewal has been updated to:

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 18, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 22, 2021.
  4. Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on December 22, 2021. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at an IRCC office.
  5. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on December 23, 2021“
the other pr-renewal is still in stage 3 and has no update today

CasioLottoMax

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
for spouse who is also in the stage of citizenship application (Sep 2019 applicant) and received oath invite for 1st February-2022 the PR renewal has been updated to:

Permanent Resident Card
  4. Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on December 22, 2021. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at an IRCC office.
  5. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on December 23, 2021“
the other pr-renewal is still in stage 3 and has no update today
So the 2nd PR renewal application received also on 24th the following update:
"
Permanent Resident Card
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on December 24, 2021.
"

Could anyone advise if indeed in both cases the cards are being mailed or is there still a chance for a local pick up requirement? I am just wondering why one update reads "
  • Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on December 22, 2021. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at an IRCC office.
  • Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on December 23, 2021“
and the update for the other applicatin simply says: "
  • We started processing your application on December 22, 2021.
  • Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on December 24, 2021."

KKS123@

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Hi all,

I have dropped an email to IRCC.ClientPortalPrairies-PrairiesClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca for asking status of PR card renew and if everything is fine. They replied saying as below-

Hello,

This office does not process renewal applications.

For further assistance please contact the Client Service Center at 1-888-242-2100.

Do they not entertain message or email related for PR card renewal ?
Can anyone please suggest on above query please ?

My timeline is as below. People are getting PR card mailed within 3-5 days after they get in-process update in ECAS, I am still waiting for fourth line and it is already 12 days passed. Little worried :(.

Any idea/suggestion, how can we expedite this?

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 13, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 15, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on December 15, 2021.

CECJune2014

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Hi All,

Applied for PR renewal in urgent category, timeline as below. Application sent on December 14.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on December 17, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 17, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on December 17, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on December 22, 2021.
Waiting for the post to arrive !
Hello, can you please let me know what documents you attached for urgent processing? also if you have any cover letter or something .i would like to applpy for same.

JoanneB

Star Member
Nov 11, 2021
Can anyone please suggest on above query please ?

My timeline is as below. People are getting PR card mailed within 3-5 days after they get in-process update in ECAS, I am still waiting for fourth line and it is already 12 days passed. Little worried :(.

Any idea/suggestion, how can we expedite this?

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 13, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 15, 2021.
Not unusual. Ours received August 6, processing application began Nov. 8 and nothing since.

Reactions: JimSharp

JoanneB

Star Member
Nov 11, 2021
My husband is a permanent resident, I am a Canadian citizen. We just got back from a vacation in Mexico. Since my husband's PR card (received August 6, started processing November 8) had not arrived, we decided to arrange for him to fly from Buffalo and meet us down there. So, he drove to Buffalo, flew to our destination, enjoyed a 2 week holiday and then flew back to Buffalo and just drive home over the Niagara border. His expired card was not an issue, as he presented other documentation proving his Canadian residence status. Unfortunately, that means out exposure to Covid was exponentially higher because of his 2 connecting flights back. But we followed the rules - always do. I'm glad it worked, but disappointed that it's taking SO long to get his card back. (It was a lovely getaway, btw). Anyone wondering about crossing the land border with and expired card, it was absolutely no problem.

KKS123@

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Not unusual. Ours received August 6, processing application began Nov. 8 and nothing since.
Can we not check status or what is happening with our app/card anywhere ? - Like email or call
Every time I call IRCC agent only one update I am getting that card is sent to production.

KKS123@

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Yes. Have your UCI number on hand. Go to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html and it allows you to check it online.
Already checked the status on this link. This is the update I see:

Any number/email ID which can be used to know what is happening with app as card is already in production from last 8-9 days?

JoanneB

Star Member
Nov 11, 2021
Oh. I don’t know about that. There seems to be nothing logical with their operations. Still waiting for something for the application received in August. You are further ahead than us even though it was received 2 months later. Frustrating to be sure.

Asia Munir

Dec 27, 2021
Hi
i applied in july 2021 for pr new after i received a letter that my apllication is incomplete i completed and again mailed back in 2nd december that was recevied by Case processing center 6th december i m worried because i did't recevied any information about my file and my processing time what it will be because i want to travel in mid january is any one have information about what will happen my application processing time

Faiz Dogar

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Hi
i applied in july 2021 for pr new after i received a letter that my apllication is incomplete i completed and again mailed back in 2nd december that was recevied by Case processing center 6th december i m worried because i did't recevied any information about my file and my processing time what it will be because i want to travel in mid january is any one have information about what will happen my application processing time
Similar thing happened to my application as well, originally sent in June, it was returned in Oct. I resent it on Oct 15, got delivered on Oct 22nd. I got AOR on Oct 22nd, application status is "in process" since then. I am travel to 3rd of Jan. I am not hoping anymore that my card ll arrive in time. I am mentally ready to travel without card and get PRTD from back home to return back to Canada

Aleks30

Star Member
Oct 1, 2021
Hi
People think that if they submit an application a second time, this application is expected to be at the IRCC and will begin to be considered - without waiting.
Unlikely.
This application is considered new, again in the queue, and waits for 2-3 months.

Reactions: Idrissrafd