+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

Sam_1986

Jul 22, 2019
My application for PR renewal received on September 22. Nothing happened after that. Does anyone receive AOR for application received in those dates:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 22, 2021.

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
I am a Canadian Permanent Resident and moving to the US as a US Legal Permanent Resident in Feb 2022. I appleid for Canadian citizenship on October 31 2021.

My current PR Card is valid until August 2023. However I want to apply for a new PR card to update it to my new married name (I got married in 2020). This is to prevent any issues with travel on commercial carriers.

The current processing time for a PR card is 130 days as per IRCC website. So, it is unlikely if I apply today that my PR card will arrive before I leave Canada. The form asks for your residential address and your mailing address. However the guide says that the PR card will not be mailed to a third party mailing address, and only to your residential address. So my problem is, I will not have a residential address in 130 days time. Any suggestions on how to get my PR card renewed?

@rajkamalmohanram

Last edited:

sule9na

Dec 15, 2021
Anyone have any advice? I sent my documents for my renewal on August 12th and they arrived there within 2 days (I'm in Nova Scotia and it was just going down to Sydney). I am yet to have any update at all, my application doesn't even appear to exist in the system as if it's not even been received and processed yet.

Has anyone else had a delay of almost 5 months for your application to even be received? I very much doubt there was an issue with the documents as I was meticulous in preparing them. Any advice on a number I should contact or should I just wait? I have 3 months until my current PR card runs out.

Last edited:

anildelhi7

Dec 3, 2021
I was short 7 days. I applied on Nov 2019 and I appealed for that 7 days (humanitarian section) Still no response. I highly recommend to not apply before you meet residency obligations.

I didnt go out of country since April, 2019. It looks like it takes forever.

this is my status:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 21, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 11, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on December 11, 2019.
Hi
Thanks for your reply.

If thats the case..why dont you withdraw your application and send a fresh application cos you have already met RO...

Sam_1986

Jul 22, 2019
Hi
Thanks for your reply.

If thats the case..why dont you withdraw your application and send a fresh application cos you have already met RO...
I sent a new application on Sept 22, 2021 but i didnt withdraw the previous one.
do you think i should withdraw the first one

Sania01

Oct 31, 2021
I had sent three applications in one envelope and below are timeline.

1. All three AOR received Nov. 25: We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 7, 2021.
  2. For my and my daughter application was approved on November 30, 2021 and received both cards on December 04, 2021

For my wife application still its show "In-Process", Hopefully it will come soon!

Anyone have similar situation like, within one package 2 applicant were approved and one is still "In-Process"?
We all three had similar travel history so not sure why my wife application is still "In-process" and other two are approved and PR card received.
I’m in the similar boat, my entire family got the pr car in just one week after AoR, mine took almost a month in process and for last three weeks in decision made status but no details what devastation has been made.

Stuck there again

anildelhi7

Dec 3, 2021
I sent a new application on Sept 22, 2021 but i didnt withdraw the previous one.
do you think i should withdraw the first one
Did you get AOR for 2nd application? To withdraw application you need to give a reason.i think you should consult with immigration lawyer and see what they suggest.

Sania01

Oct 31, 2021
I received my card in my mailbox today, I am so happy and now I can confirm plans for flying out to my home country this Friday.
Congrats, any idea when ur status changed from in process to Devi on made and than decision made to postal Mail of PR Card notification

Sam_1986

Jul 22, 2019
Did you get AOR for 2nd application? To withdraw application you need to give a reason.i think you should consult with immigration lawyer and see what they suggest.
No I haven't received AOR yet for the second application. Yeah I think I should consult with a lawyer. Do you know when roughly I should receive AOR for the second application?

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
I am a Canadian Permanent Resident and moving to the US as a US Legal Permanent Resident in Feb 2022. I appleid for Canadian citizenship on October 31 2021.

My current PR Card is valid until August 2023. However I want to apply for a new PR card to update it to my new married name (I got married in 2020). This is to prevent any issues with travel on commercial carriers.

The current processing time for a PR card is 130 days as per IRCC website. So, it is unlikely if I apply today that my PR card will arrive before I leave Canada. The form asks for your residential address and your mailing address. However the guide says that the PR card will not be mailed to a third party mailing address, and only to your residential address. So my problem is, I will not have a residential address in 130 days time. Any suggestions on how to get my PR card renewed?

@rajkamalmohanram
Any advice?

TLDR - I will not have a residence in Canada 130 days from now. If I apply for PR card renewal now, how do I get it once it is processed?

anildelhi7

Dec 3, 2021
No I haven't received AOR yet for the second application. Yeah I think I should consult with a lawyer. Do you know when roughly I should receive AOR for the second application?
You should get it in 3 months from the time when they receive it..i am just curious if they send the AOR as your first application is already in process..thats my doubt..
you know what,u you can also file for citizenship as you mentioned you were 7 days short and its been over a year so you might be eligible for citizenship if your days fall within 5 years..

Sam_1986

Jul 22, 2019
You should get it in 3 months from the time when they receive it..i am just curious if they send the AOR as your first application is already in process..thats my doubt..
you know what,u you can also file for citizenship as you mentioned you were 7 days short and its been over a year so you might be eligible for citizenship if your days fall within 5 years..
Well thats the main reason. I want to apply for citizenship and one of the required documents is PR card. My PR card is expired looong time ago and I need to get new PR card to apply for citizenship. I am not sure if i can apply for citizenship with an expired PR card or not (i know my case is really rare)

anildelhi7

Dec 3, 2021
Well thats the main reason. I want to apply for citizenship and one of the required documents is PR card. My PR card is expired looong time ago and I need to get new PR card to apply for citizenship. I am not sure if i can apply for citizenship with an expired PR card or not (i know my case is really rare)
I think you can as long as you prove 3 years RO. I have seen people in my close contact who breached RO and got the renewal. Think we two are facing consequences for not fullfilling RO :(