+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

Ola_NL

Dec 6, 2018
I had sent three applications in one envelope and below are timeline.

1. All three AOR received Nov. 25: We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 7, 2021.
  2. For my and my daughter application was approved on November 30, 2021 and received both cards on December 04, 2021

For my wife application still its show "In-Process", Hopefully it will come soon!

Anyone have similar situation like, within one package 2 applicant were approved and one is still "In-Process"?
We all three had similar travel history so not sure why my wife application is still "In-process" and other two are approved and PR card received.

anildelhi7

Dec 3, 2021
Hi
Anyone in the group who is short of few months for fulfilling residency obligation and applied for renewal of PR card and still waiting?

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
Hi
Anyone in the group who is short of few months for fulfilling residency obligation and applied for renewal of PR card and still waiting?
You take high risk when you apply for PR card renewal while in breach of RO. There are very few ways to loose PR status, one of them is to apply for any kind of immigration benefit while being in breach of RO. I can't comprehend why anyone would do that, instead of waiting few month to be in compliance and only then applying for card renewal. It's almost as if some people have subconscious desire to be found in breach of RO and stripped of their PR status.

Reactions: anildelhi7

anildelhi7

Dec 3, 2021
You take high risk when you apply for PR card renewal while in breach of RO. There are very few ways to loose PR status, one of them is to apply for any kind of immigration benefit while being in breach of RO. I can't comprehend why anyone would do that, instead of waiting few month to be in compliance and only then applying for card renewal. It's almost as if some people have subconscious desire to be found in breach of RO and stripped of their PR status.
Agreed

dtoc

Jun 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2016
AOR Received.
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2016
LANDED..........
23-08-2016
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 3, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 28, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on September 28, 2021.
This is my status since September 28th. Nothing has changed since. No communication from IRCC. Anyone in the same boat?
My wife's application was about 1.5 months earlier and was approved fairly quickly. My application is basically the same considering travelling.
Any recommendations?
I am in Victoria, BC.
Thanks

Raj Batra

Jun 28, 2020
I have been following this forum to estimate the time it takes to get first PR card as a new immigrant to Canada. I am an Ontario PNP candidate who received COPR in Apr 2021. I landed in Toronto, Canada on 04th Oct, 2021. I linked my PR card application with my GC Key account on 09 Oct 2021. And just yesterday I received an email on my GC Key account that my PR card application is approved and it was mailed which can take upto 6 weeks for delivery.

My timelines for PR card application so far are below:

Type of Application: First PR Card(Ontario PNP candidate)
COPR Received: Apr 2021
Date of First Landing: 04 Oct 2021
Date when PR card application was received by IRCC: 04 Oct 2021 (I gave an address for PR card delivery at landing itself)
Date when PR card application got approved: 06 Dec 2021
PR card received in mailbox: <Yet to arrive>

Hope this info will help people who will be in the same boat in future.

Note: Linking the application does not impact your PR card application timelines in any way, it is just for us to get email notification when there is an update on our application.

Thanks!
HS

Raj Batra

Jun 28, 2020
Hi,
Myself and my spouse landed on 14th October 2021. We had two copies of COPR, the immigration officer kept one, that was with our photograph and returned the second copy after signing.
Are we supposed to do any thing else to get our PRCards ? It's 8 weeks now, there's no update.
I can't understand which linking of PR application with the GCkey you are talking about ? Please help me.

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
Hi,
Myself and my spouse landed on 14th October 2021. We had two copies of COPR, the immigration officer kept one, that was with our photograph and returned the second copy after signing.
Are we supposed to do any thing else to get our PRCards ? It's 8 weeks now, there's no update.
I can't understand which linking of PR application with the GCkey you are talking about ? Please help me.
This is a wrong forum to ask about PR cards for newly landed residents. You should ask it in other forums dedicated to newcomers. This forum is for people who landed in Canada more than 5 years ago and are applying for PR card renewal, or those who landed 3+ years ago and could be in breach of RO, or those who are concerned about RO breach/compliance in future.

Sunshine2021

Oct 18, 2021
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 5, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 2, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on November 2, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on December 10, 2021.

I'm wondering how long it takes (on average) for the card to be delivered? I have a flight booked December 17th.
I received my card in my mailbox today, I am so happy and now I can confirm plans for flying out to my home country this Friday.

Reactions: Tp

aami786pk

Oct 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
With application
IELTS Request
With application
Med's Request
INSHALLAH SOON
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 5, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 13, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on October 13, 2021.
  4. Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on November 6, 2021. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at an IRCC office.
  5. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on November 22, 2021.
Yet to receive the card to date. But for some, that got mailed notification on 11/22 reported receiving their card on 11/25 as well. So no guarantee when the cards will be delivered.
Min was mailed on 29th Nov still waiting

viva99

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
-
Sharing my timeline for urgent processing

PR application sent (First attempt) - Nov 26
Application returned (Missed checking a box) - Dec 8
PR application resent - Dec 8
Received - Dec 13
AOR - Dec 14

jaspermorraine

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-12-2014
This went really quick in the end:
Applied End of August
AOR Dec 7th
DM Dec 8th
No further updates and i received my card in the mail Dec 14… i am incredibly surprised - and i live in YYC

Skywalker09

Star Member
Sep 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07/09/2014
Med's Request
07/20/2015
Med's Done....
08/07/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/23/2015
VISA ISSUED...
09/11/2015
LANDED..........
05/07/2016
This went really quick in the end:
Applied End of August
AOR Dec 7th
DM Dec 8th
No further updates and i received my card in the mail Dec 14… i am incredibly surprised - and i live in YYC
When you clicked the link for "Decision Made" did it state the the card was sent by mail?

Mar 25, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-11-2015
Med's Done....
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2016
LANDED..........
27-10-2016
I had sent three applications in one envelope and below are timeline.

1. All three AOR received Nov. 25: We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 7, 2021.
  2. For my and my daughter application was approved on November 30, 2021 and received both cards on December 04, 2021

For my wife application still its show "In-Process", Hopefully it will come soon!

Anyone have similar situation like, within one package 2 applicant were approved and one is still "In-Process"?
We all three had similar travel history so not sure why my wife application is still "In-process" and other two are approved and PR card received.
I am in a similar situation, .y application approved and card mailed on dec13th( still havent got it) wifes application is in process since october 19th still nothing

Sam_1986

Jul 22, 2019
Hi
I was short 7 days. I applied on Nov 2019 and I appealed for that 7 days (humanitarian section) Still no response. I highly recommend to not apply before you meet residency obligations.

I didnt go out of country since April, 2019. It looks like it takes forever.

this is my status:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 21, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 11, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on December 11, 2019.

Last edited: