+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

thewhitelotus

Dec 13, 2021
hello! just wanted to share my timeline since i have been reading everyone else's (without an account for months) and it helped me have an idea to when mine will arrive.

i lost my pr card at school around 2018 because as a newcomer that time, i thought it made sense to bring it with me everywhere i went, specially when a certain president was elected just across the border, i thought it was a good thing to do just in case somebody will point out that i am not from here. anyway, because i knew i will not leave canada anytime soon, i waited until an entire pandemic happened before i applied for a replacement lol.

i sent my application through xpresspost on july 15, 2021 and since it had a tracking number i knew it arrived on july 18, 2021. after that i didn't receive any confirmation or any kind of status update from the case processing centre in nova scotia. (i am from alberta and became a permanent resident in july 2017)

fast forward to october 25, 2021, i finally got an email with the application number in the subject line and my UCI number in the actual email. it was a confirmation letting me know that they received my application package on july 19, 2021. from that email, i tracked my application status on the IRCC website with the information given to me and it said that they sent an acknowledgement receipt on the same day and the decision was made on the same day as well (october 25, 2021).

since then i checked it every single day and just slowly went insane because there weren't any kind of status update and i was so desperate that i just went and typed all the keywords i could think of on the internet just to have any kind of information to when i could possibly receive my pr card or know what kind of decision they actually made on that day and why i can't know it right away and that's how i discovered this forum haha.

so i just waited and read every new update on this forum while i also put in the UCI number on the website every day hoping there's a new update. i know that the processing time on their website is not really accurate but i also made it a decision factor to when i should send a web form so i actually sent one the moment it exceeded the current days that were supposedly the "processing times" how did i know that? i googled "days since july 19, 2021" because i am not very good at math hahaha

finally on the morning (aka the first thing i check from waking up) of december 3, 2021 (the day after my application exceeded the processing times) there was a new update saying they sent my card through mail on december 2, 2021. at this moment, i knew the universe was praying for my downfall because why would they do that right when i already sent a webform?? i was so happy but also wanted to fight somebody at the same time

speaking of webforms, on december 5, 2021, they sent me an email with an automatic response letting me know that they received my form and it might take some time to reply. the next day (lol) they responded saying that they are pleased to let me know that they sent my pr card to my address on december 2, 2021 and i was thinking GURL I ALREADY KNOW *insert crying emoji*

so i wrote all of this because finally i received my card in the mail this afternoon, december 13, 2021. thank you all for sharing your timeline on here because if it didn't exist, i might've turned into an actual monster.

so basically here's the actual timeline if you don't wanna read all that word vomit:
i sent it on july 15 from alberta, they received/opened it on july 19 in nova scotia, decision made/receipt on october 25, sent by mail on december 2, received it december 13. :D

Last edited:

anildelhi7

Dec 3, 2021
I am not sure that this 730 days rule is being followed without exceptions as since the start of pandemic IRCC has started having delays for all types of applications. There was an advise I read somewhere issued earlier in 2021 where IRCC allowed applicants to apply for renewal 6 months before expiry to better manage these delays. I can tell you that I myself in September having just completed 2 years in Canada and my application is under process with AOR received on 25 Nov. I have seen applicants after my application who have had their processing completed. I think one thing that is taking more time in my case is that I have travelled a lot all around the world since I became a Permanent Resident and visited Canada more than 10 times before finally making the move in Sep 2021. They are just running through my travel history I suppose.
Thanks for your message. Hopefully we will get something soon..

anildelhi7

Dec 3, 2021
I am 9 weeks AOR, if you call the main help number 1-888-242-2100 i have not got through to a person yet. i have sent 3 webforms but just getting the generic reply. I emailed my MP 3 weeks ago, and she has not got back to me. I am at the point where i am thinking of hiring an immigration lawyer, don't know if anyone else has had any success in doing that, but feel like I don't have any other options left.
I got a reply from mp but nothing more than i already knew..its in process..thats it..

elizale

Nov 28, 2014
Hi.
I just sent PR renewal application for my family (4 members) in a package today.
Can somebody let me know how long it normally take, and when I can expect to receive the AOR.
Our PR card is expired in Feb 23.
Thank you.

Sunshine2021

Oct 18, 2021
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 5, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 2, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on November 2, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on December 10, 2021.

I'm wondering how long it takes (on average) for the card to be delivered? I have a flight booked December 17th.

muralie krishna

Star Member
Apr 14, 2020
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 5, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 2, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on November 2, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on December 10, 2021.

I'm wondering how long it takes (on average) for the card to be delivered? I have a flight booked December 17th.
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 5, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 13, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on October 13, 2021.
  4. Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on November 6, 2021. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at an IRCC office.
  5. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on November 22, 2021.
Yet to receive the card to date. But for some, that got mailed notification on 11/22 reported receiving their card on 11/25 as well. So no guarantee when the cards will be delivered.

praxico

Dec 4, 2021
Hi.
I just sent PR renewal application for my family (4 members) in a package today.
Can somebody let me know how long it normally take, and when I can expect to receive the AOR.
Our PR card is expired in Feb 23.
Thank you.
Based on current trends those who had sent their applications in 2nd and 3rd week of September have started getting AOR from the last week of November so in your case I suspect it would be around 10 weeks before you should expect to hear back anything.

Sania01

Oct 31, 2021
Hmm same as mine decision made since 23 nov haven’t received anything
I’m in the same boat, decision made in last week of November and since then stuck there, something wrong with decision made in last week of November

Please keep posted to each other if Antoine gets any update and did any one checked gckey for the same

Aimen1234

Oct 26, 2021
I’m in the same boat, decision made in last week of November and since then stuck there, something wrong with decision made in last week of November

Please keep posted to each other if Antoine gets any update and did any one checked gckey for the same
I will update u for sure I called MP office many time they said u will get it in 4 weeks if not then call again then we look into it