+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
I sent an email to the Immigration Minister office on Sep 15 2021 and one of the representative from his office got me back with this reply on last monday!
"
Thank you for your correspondence addressed to the Honourable Sean Fraser, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, concerning your Permanent Resident (PR) Card. I have been asked to respond to your concerns. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) records confirm that your PR Card is being processed at the PR Card Centre in Sydney. Please be assured that you will be contacted as soon as your PR Card has been finalized. "

When I talked with an IRCC Agent on phone last week she told me that my file is still at IRCC Ottawa so I'm not sure the representative from minister office is telling the correct information or it's just a simple generic template they use to reply to PR Card related questions!

Very frustrating process!:confused:
Hi, which email did you use for contacting the Minister?

MUSTAFACAN

Mar 14, 2011
Surprisingly my status changed to PR card mailed Dec 6. Now waiting for the second application to complete.

timeline below;
May 14 application received at IRCC
Sep 9 decision made
Dec 6 PR card mailed

I was literally shocked to see the application showing as COMPL
Congrats.

Jesdas

Oct 20, 2021
Hi All .we 3 (family) applied for pr card renew on sep8 got Aor dec 7 for my wife and son iam still waiting.Thanks

jessiejgl

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Thank you! Yes it was.. i applied first with a normal application on sept 3 but I was scared I wouldnt get my card on time before my flight on february so i reapplied as urgent
Hey there! :) What was you reason for urgency? How long did it take before they processed it after you submitted? :)

jessiejgl

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Hi there, they may be a noob question but, I really need to get my PR card soon so I can go back to my country next month. Ive never tried contacting my MP yet, and I am considering that now given the situation. What should I tell my MP though? Just give all the information and ask for help?

jaspermorraine

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-12-2014
Alright- the received my application Sept 10th, AOR - December 7th
Decision made - December 7th
…. That was quick - now waiting for the print

aami786pk

Oct 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
With application
IELTS Request
With application
Med's Request
INSHALLAH SOON
My card was dispatched on 29th Nov 2021 but I did not receive yet is that normal.

Reactions: Raja65

Zalgia

Oct 7, 2015
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 27, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 27, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on September 27, 2021.
My daughter's PR Card renewal timeline. Application sent as urgent on September 20, 2021, today status changed to Decision Made.
Wow thats amazingly fast for a renewal.. what the reason behind the urgency?