+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

singhalhs

Dec 7, 2021
I have been following this forum to estimate the time it takes to get first PR card as a new immigrant to Canada. I am an Ontario PNP candidate who received COPR in Apr 2021. I landed in Toronto, Canada on 04th Oct, 2021. I linked my PR card application with my GC Key account on 09 Oct 2021. And just yesterday I received an email on my GC Key account that my PR card application is approved and it was mailed which can take upto 6 weeks for delivery.

My timelines for PR card application so far are below:

Type of Application: First PR Card(Ontario PNP candidate)
COPR Received: Apr 2021
Date of First Landing: 04 Oct 2021
Date when PR card application was received by IRCC: 04 Oct 2021 (I gave an address for PR card delivery at landing itself)
Date when PR card application got approved: 06 Dec 2021
PR card received in mailbox: <Yet to arrive>

Hope this info will help people who will be in the same boat in future.

Note: Linking the application does not impact your PR card application timelines in any way, it is just for us to get email notification when there is an update on our application.

Thanks!
HS

Tp

Star Member
Oct 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2008
Doc's Request.
October 2013
AOR Received.
July 2014
File Transfer...
November 18, 2014
Med's Request
April18, 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015
Passport Req..
Mar 21, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-Apr-2016

jaspermorraine

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-12-2014
Wooh finally - 4 months after submitting my application, i received my AOR! Let’s hope it’ll go quick and painless

Reactions: mcgz

JimSharp

Oct 4, 2016
Hi All
I need help or suggestion with an issue. Me and my family have our tickets booked for Dec 18th. I am my daughter have received our renewed PR cards but my husband still shows Decision made.

I contacted our MP and IRCC replied that it is in production as it was delayed due to a production error and might take up to 6 weeks.

is there any other way that we can travel except PRTD( as processing time is 5 weeks) and we are out only for a week.
Anybody faced such issue ?
As far as I know (and double check with a lawyer if you want to do this to be sure) the "easiest" thing is for him to cross at a land border with his original landing document (and any other identification he might need to prove he is a PR of Canada.) The difficult thing is not entering Canada (although they can make that difficult as well) but getting on a commercial carrier (plane, boat, train, bus) to Canada as Canada will hassle the carrier if they take folks without proper documents. If your husband is American or can get a US visa, he can then go to a land-crossing and figure out a way to cross (easiest would be you come pick him up, but he can have a friend/relative pick him up, probably can Uber or even walk) Once in Canada he can take public transport. It's just that public carrier that cross the border will ask for your PR card before they take you, in most instances.

Dec 7, 2021
Just wondering if anyone has experienced this?

Waiting on 1st PR card, got email today saying update in IRCC. Checked the update, and application has been approved. It said our PR card (seemingly in Alberta) was picked up on Nov 22, which is impossible because I'm located in BC. Has this happened to anyone before?

Trick_Region

May 31, 2021
Is there any way to report a IRCC call agent?

I have a problem with PR card mailing address, it was sent once on August but it was 'undeliverable' according to the Webform reply.
So I wanted to put my condo's unit number in front of street number (#000 - 111 Yonge St.), instead of putting unit number to Address 2 section (111 Yonge St., Unit 000) to avoid the situation that they miss the unit number again and become 'undeliverable' AGAIN.

But the agent I called, yelled at me saying that 'There is no difference. I'm gonna hang up ma'am' And then she literally hung up.

There must be a reason why it was undeliverable from the first delivery, so I wanted to make sure everything clear not to be it happened again.
She couldn't understand my situation, actually she didn't care.

The other agents who I called so far were so nice and informative, not like her.
I would appreciate it if anyone knows the way to report her. Thanks.
How can they say it's undeliverable? Don't they check the address in the PR portal before sending the card?

S_R_J

Nov 26, 2021
Received my card today. Im in BC.
Hi, How did you apply for Urgent PR processing? was it paper application similar to normal or online? Also, what happens to your normal application if you re-apply as urgent? does it get deleted?

jigarshi

May 6, 2015
How can they say it's undeliverable? Don't they check the address in the PR portal before sending the card?
Just give your friends home address that way you can absolutely sure there will not be any issues. Its faster and safer option, no gain in wasting time with call centre agents or filling multiple webforms.

abhispat

Dec 18, 2013
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Send to CIO 20 May 2015 File Received by CIO 26 May 2015
Doc's Request.
6th September 2015
Nomination.....
21st April 2015
AOR Received.
05th August 2015
IELTS Request
Provide with application
File Transfer...
20th August 2015
Med's Request
7th September 2015
Med's Done....
15th September 2015
Passport Req..
8th Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
12th Feb 2016
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 27, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 27, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on September 27, 2021.
My daughter's PR Card renewal timeline. Application sent as urgent on September 20, 2021, today status changed to Decision Made.

Yaminikundra

Dec 1, 2021
As far as I know (and double check with a lawyer if you want to do this to be sure) the "easiest" thing is for him to cross at a land border with his original landing document (and any other identification he might need to prove he is a PR of Canada.) The difficult thing is not entering Canada (although they can make that difficult as well) but getting on a commercial carrier (plane, boat, train, bus) to Canada as Canada will hassle the carrier if they take folks without proper documents. If your husband is American or can get a US visa, he can then go to a land-crossing and figure out a way to cross (easiest would be you come pick him up, but he can have a friend/relative pick him up, probably can Uber or even walk) Once in Canada he can take public transport. It's just that public carrier that cross the border will ask for your PR card before they take you, in most instances.
Thanks for this information. But we all have to travel to Mexico

tanjid12

Mar 15, 2019
My wife's got her eCOPR in June 30 of 2021 and she still hasn't received her PR Card yet. So I replied to the email where they sent the PR Portal email and they responded! They said there was an error from their end. They have sent it to production now! So thats a relief! Any idea how long it takes for them to ship after production? I am from Vancouver btw. I am sharing the email id below. I would recommend only to email there if you are from vancouver as that is the ircc vancouver email id.

And this is the email for IRCC Vancouver.
IRCC.ClientPortalWest-OuestClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Trick_Region

May 31, 2021
My wife's got her eCOPR in June 30 of 2021 and she still hasn't received her PR Card yet. So I replied to the email where they sent the PR Portal email and they responded! They said there was an error from their end. They have sent it to production now! So thats a relief! Any idea how long it takes for them to ship after production? I am from Vancouver btw. I am sharing the email id below. I would recommend only to email there if you are from vancouver as that is the ircc vancouver email id.

And this is the email for IRCC Vancouver.
IRCC.ClientPortalWest-OuestClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
I am waiting for more than a week now to get the pr card after it's been posted according to the IRCC account and I've seen people getting it within 2-3 days after it's been posted. So you never know when you would get it.

Reactions: tanjid12

JimSharp

Oct 4, 2016
Thanks for this information. But we all have to travel to Mexico
He would have to return through the US. Like, say, fly to Buffalo and cross at Niagara, or fly to Burlington etc. Technically, he would not be permitted on a commercial airline without a valid PR card or Returning Res Permit as far as I know.

tanjid12

Mar 15, 2019
I am waiting for more than a week now to get the pr card after it's been posted according to the IRCC account and I've seen people getting it within 2-3 days after it's been posted. So you never know when you would get it.
What do you mean by posted? Like mailed out? or sent to production? Thanks for your insight!