+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

Sbs21

Aug 19, 2021
Hi All,
I have sent mine and spouse's PR renewal application by Courier to processing center, they received the package last week.

Generally when will they send acknowledgement that they received our application ? Will it be an email to the email mentioned in the application or do we have to check the status in the eCAS url ?

titans8289

Star Member
Jul 7, 2021
Hi All,
I have sent mine and spouse's PR renewal application by Courier to processing center, they received the package last week.

Generally when will they send acknowledgement that they received our application ? Will it be an email to the email mentioned in the application or do we have to check the status in the eCAS url ?
They don't send you an acknowledgment when they have received your application, they send it when they open the file for processing. It called AOR ( Acknowledgement of Receipt) and will be displayed in your ECAS. You usually get an email when the update ECAS with the AOR

Sbs21

Aug 19, 2021
They don't send you an acknowledgment when they have received your application, they send it when they open the file for processing. It called AOR ( Acknowledgement of Receipt) and will be displayed in your ECAS. You usually get an email when the update ECAS with the AOR
Oh Okay, Thanks ! then its a Waiting time until I get AOR ..
Looking at previous messages from others I see its taking a couple of months at least from the time of Sending the application and receiving AOR : -/
Hoping the Dec holidays time should not delay processing further

If I have to travel outside country for vacation, I can go just enter before a week of my PR card expiry date ? I mean a Valid Pr card that is going to expire within a week .??

titans8289

Star Member
Jul 7, 2021
Looking at previous messages from others I see its taking a couple of months at least from the time of Sending the application and receiving AOR : -/

If I have to travel outside country for vacation, I can go just enter before a week of my PR card expiry date ? I mean a Valid Pr card that is going to expire within a week .??

Hi

Answer your first question, if all is well you should get an AOR within 4 months again it all depends on IRCC .. nothing is for certain ..

Answer to your second question - You can travel and enter Canada even one day before your PR card expires.

Reactions: Sbs21

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021

valid PR card is just that, a card. What you need is valid PR status. If you have valid status the card will identify you and get you admitted. However, you have to make sure you are not in breach of RO. Border authorities of Canada are extremely hostile to immigrants and will intimidate you if they feel they can revoke your PR status. So, just be careful. Make sure your paperwork is in order. You don't want to give them a chance to harass you and give you a hard time

Reactions: Sbs21

Akshra12

Nov 11, 2021
Hi
My last name is different in my passport and
In my PR card but I do have name change certificate and marriage certificate. So is it ok to travel without any issue out of Canada?

Shaikhum

Oct 6, 2021
My Updated Timeline for Renewal
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 5, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 5, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on November 5, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on November 9, 2021.
Application Status as of today is Complete.
Where do you live?

Doctor egypt

Jun 9, 2015
A quick update for my kid pr card renewal. Finally after stuck in process since sept 28 we got decision made 5 november.card sent by mail nov 8 and received nov 9.

ajitpal001

Star Member
Sep 19, 2021
A quick update for my kid pr card renewal. Finally after stuck in process since sept 28 we got decision made 5 november.card sent by mail nov 8 and received nov 9.
congratullations what min still stuck in DM sep14 2021 aplication received in 10th of may 2021 pr renewal not received anything

Mohdali911

Oct 26, 2021
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 12, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 16, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on September 16, 2021
Status is decision made since September 16 However since then there is no update. I submitted several web forms without getting a proper response.
I am stressed my PR will expire and I won't be able to travel.
Any idea what I can do to know what's happening. I have seen that other applicants from May June and July are receiving their cards !

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 12, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 16, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on September 16, 2021
Status is decision made since September 16 However since then there is no update. I submitted several web forms without getting a proper response.
I am stressed my PR will expire and I won't be able to travel.
Any idea what I can do to know what's happening. I have seen that other applicants from May June and July are receiving their cards !
Call them by phone tomorrow morning. Your card may have been sent out for in-person pick-up at the local office.