+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

JJAiden

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
@BadGamer6 Do you know why there is delay even if the application is approved and sent to production?

Mine and spouse's cards sent to production on October 16, 2021 but no updates after that :( We booked flights for December 10 to bring our son and this our first PR card

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
@BadGamer6 Do you know why there is delay even if the application is approved and sent tp production?

Mine and spouse's cards sent to production on October 16, 2021 but no updates after that :( We booked flights for December 10 to bring our son and this our first PR card
I have no idea unfortunately. According to the Operational Manual established by the IRCC - the printing Is done at somewhere called Card Production Facility. I can only imagine they have a lot of cards to be produced and it's taking time. I think you should be able to receive your cards right on time.

JJAiden

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
I have no idea unfortunately. According to the Operational Manual established by the IRCC - the printing Is done at somewhere called Card Production Facility. I can only imagine they have a lot of cards to be produced and it's taking time. I think you should be able to receive your cards right on time.
Thank you so much!!! praying for getting cards soon like you said !!!!

• Love
Reactions: BadGamer6

Sania01

Oct 31, 2021
Why would you want to request GCMS notes for this? I know you are worried but there's no point. Unless let's say you are 3-6 months into the process and there's no update. You can try to call maybe after 2-3 weeks if your status is still IP. Just continue to check your status on eCAS for the moment, if possible, link your application on GCKey.

Again I have no idea of your circumstance and that's just my 2 cents.
I’m just worried as my rest of the family was super fast, anyway have no clue about gckey or notes as someone in this group suggested that I can’t link my application with gckey and I should apply for notes.
Thanks for the support, Will keep a check. Thanks again

Reactions: BadGamer6
Oct 9, 2021
Just to clarify, you have to apply there... please check the time process of the country you are going
Hi, yes I will apply through the VAC. I am flying to the Dominican Republic, I need to go see my family. Hoping won't take too long to get the PRTD I will include an employment letter since my materna leave is ending and I have to go back to work, I will also include my plane tickets.

Reactions: catiaf

xiaosanxiong

Dec 15, 2016
I don't know about others, but my last card took months to be approved . According to my account records my application to renew a card expiring in Nov 2016 was sent July 2016, approved Feb 2017, but the expiration date was "backdated" to Nov 2021. I am a "weird" case as I travel out of Canada for extended periods of time with my Can Citizen spouse and kids, but despite the extra processing time, they did not extend my expiration date fwiw. Your mileage may vary as this might just have been my case.
Thanks for your reply! hmmm, good to know they don't extend expiry date for all the cases. I guess it's hard to predict what they are gonna do..

Reactions: JimSharp

Britcan2404

Oct 6, 2021
UPDATED!
Will provide an update when my renewal card arrived in the mail.

Final Permanent Resident Card Timeline
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 18, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 23, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on October 23, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on October 29, 2021.
  5. Card received in the mail on November 2nd 2021.
Update on this: Received my PR card renewal in the mail this morning. (November 2nd 2021) Simcoe County, Ontario.
Application is considered complete.

Big thank you to the community!!! I'll be sticking around on the forum for a bit to help anyone that needs some guidance. This is an amazing community and a great resource for anyone trying to navigate the Canadian immigration system.

Reactions: Hanataha

Doctor egypt

Jun 9, 2015
Do you have any update on your son's PR Card? Mine and spouse's cards sent to production on October 16, 2021 but no updates after that :(
No news unfortunately. my wife got her pr from a month now ( send in same package)and the kid is still in process since then

uvsrsk

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-08-2015
Passport Req..
15-01-2016
This is the status for both of my applications:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 26, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 1, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on November 1, 2021.
Permanent Resident Card Application Status - Decision Made

ajitpal001

Star Member
Sep 19, 2021
Hi all.

Myself and my partner sent our applications for a PR renewal at the end of May 2021. We have since heard nothing - no email/call, etc.

Is anyone else out there in the same boat? I can't call or email them either - tried and they do not answer/respond. :(
mine apply 10may DM 14sep.2021 pr renewal after that until to today didt receive my pr i am stuCK to DM sinece to sep2021