+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

JJN

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
That's a bit too long. Are you able to check your status on eCAS or GCKey?
I have signed in but see nothing. They don't seem to even have acknowledged that I submitted an application.

I'm also out of country right now so not sure if I am able to sign in again.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
I have signed in but see nothing. They don't seem to even have acknowledged that I submitted an application.

I'm also out of country right now so not sure if I am able to sign in again.
How long have you been away? Maybe they returned your application for incompleteness and since you are away you won't be able to know.

Try linking your application in GCKey.

Is your PR card still valid to return to Canada? When you come back and there's still nothing - reapply from there.

Sania01

Oct 31, 2021
I have seen people having from In Process to Decision Made ranging from days, to months, with extreme cases into years. But if you are in good compliance of your RO, your travel history is accurately reported and you appear to be well settled in Canada. There should be nothing to worry about.
Thanks but what’s the good time that I request for the update or call them or I request for gc notes and will appreciate if some one guide me on this. Thanks a lot and beat me if I sound dumb on these matters

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Thanks but what’s the good time that I request for the update or call them or I request for gc notes and will appreciate if some one guide me on this. Thanks a lot and beat me if I sound dumb on these matters
Why would you want to request GCMS notes for this? I know you are worried but there's no point. Unless let's say you are 3-6 months into the process and there's no update. You can try to call maybe after 2-3 weeks if your status is still IP. Just continue to check your status on eCAS for the moment, if possible, link your application on GCKey.

Again I have no idea of your circumstance and that's just my 2 cents.

gsac13

Sep 7, 2021
Congrats, 99.9% of chance it means your application is approved and is now sent for printing. You can expect it to be mailed out soon.
Any idea how long it takes for the PR card renewal to arrive in the mail once the decision is made? Thanks.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Any idea how long it takes for the PR card renewal to arrive in the mail once the decision is made? Thanks.
My family member's one (just completed the process) DM was on Oct 22, on the card it says the printing date was Oct 24, mailed out Oct 27 and received it today (Nov 2)

Reactions: gsac13

JJAiden

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
Hello
my kid is stuck in in process since sept 28.when we called they told us its approved and waiting for a patch to be completed to send the card to be printed.any similar experiences and how long it would take to complete a patch. Thanks
Do you have any update on your son's PR Card? Mine and spouse's cards sent to production on October 16, 2021 but no updates after that :(