+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

Sania01

Oct 31, 2021
Hi, my family process complete and mailed yesterday except mine that is still in process since October 27, 2021. Any idea how long it remain in process as I haven’t get any other correspondence. Secondly I update the mailing address two days back but it still showing the old my native country mailing address

afacan16

Sep 21, 2021
Hi. I applied my pr card sept 25 and today I got email like this "We're still working on your application. You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date."
Is it a good sign ?

dgpatel

Star Member
Jul 16, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
06-07-2016
Med's Request
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2018
Waiting for PR Card after decision made on September 24. Today I received two email stating We're still working on your application. You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi, my family process complete and mailed yesterday except mine that is still in process since October 27, 2021. Any idea how long it remain in process as I haven’t get any other correspondence. Secondly I update the mailing address two days back but it still showing the old my native country mailing address
Updating addresses these days takes weeks to go into effect. It used to be instantaneous, but not any more.

catiaf

Jun 5, 2014
I sent my application in September and I need to travel end of November, I don't think I will get it before but I am leaving anyways and when I get will apply for a travel document to come back as urgent. Wish me luck and will get it on time will give you an update. This is so frustrating and create lots of anxiety.
Just to clarify, you have to apply there... please check the time process of the country you are going

Sania01

Oct 31, 2021
Updating addresses these days takes weeks to go into effect. It used to be instantaneous, but not any more.
Thanks but what about in process status, is it normal as my entire family has been complete, Will this mailing address update has any effect on in process status.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
My family member's eCAS was updated as expected today. Status is now showing "Complete".

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 29, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 21, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on October 21, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on October 27, 2021.

Will still hang around this thread to help people with their questions :)
Update on this: PR Card received in mail today (November 2, 2021) in the GTA.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Thanks but what about in process status, is it normal as my entire family has been complete, Will this mailing address update has any effect on in process status.
Normally an application goes straight from AOR to DM. If you are in In Process - it most likely means they are verifying your information on your file, as well as physical presence. I remember some senior members mentioned that In Process refers to some degree of non-routine processing of your file.

JJN

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
Hi all.

Myself and my partner sent our applications for a PR renewal at the end of May 2021. We have since heard nothing - no email/call, etc.

Is anyone else out there in the same boat? I can't call or email them either - tried and they do not answer/respond. :(

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Hi all.

Myself and my partner sent our applications for a PR renewal at the end of May 2021. We have since heard nothing - no email/call, etc.

Is anyone else out there in the same boat? I can't call or email them either - tried and they do not answer/respond. :(
That's a bit too long. Are you able to check your status on eCAS or GCKey?

Sania01

Oct 31, 2021
Ok, but how
Normally an application goes straight from AOR to DM. If you are in In Process - it most likely means they are verifying your information on your file, as well as physical presence. I remember some senior members mentioned that In Process refers to some degree of non-routine processing of your file.
Ok but how long this will take? What in understand that if it’s not immediate than it means it’s gone for non routine processing

Karo10

Oct 5, 2021
Hi guys i got my aor today how do i check my status.. i have same uci for citizenship application when i enter my ecas only shows my citizenship not pr renewal?
Thank you guys

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Ok, but how

Ok but how long this will take? What in understand that if it’s not immediate than it means it’s gone for non routine processing
I have seen people having from In Process to Decision Made ranging from days, to months, with extreme cases into years. But if you are in good compliance of your RO, your travel history is accurately reported and you appear to be well settled in Canada. There should be nothing to worry about.

JimSharp

Oct 4, 2016
Did anyone here get an "update" email that said something like: "We're still working on your application #0123456"

And if so, how long was it from then till getting an AOR?

Thanks