+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

Britcan2404

Oct 6, 2021
UPDATED!
Will provide an update when my renewal card arrived in the mail.

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 18, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 23, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on October 23, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on October 29, 2021.

gdp79

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
You need to update your physical presence because it's been more than 90 days since they received the first application. Attach a letter explaining what happens with the letter they sent you. Is the letter dated?
The letter is dated + stamp they received it,

can-dreamz

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Dear Members,

Now AOR is appearing for me and my wife but my Son's AOR (age 16) is not appearing, I sent three application together. Could you please advise?
I am in the same situation. My status shows the card is mailed on Oct 29th & no AOR for my son. Application sent together too.

bonjeje

Oct 30, 2021
Permanent Resident Card Renewal
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 27, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 9, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on September 9, 2020.
  4. We sent you correspondence on November 18, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. Decision Made
However I'm yet to receive my new card. Below is the response I received when I contacted them in July:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on file and can confirm that the card has been selected for pick-up.

However, the health and safety of everyone is our priority. As we resume some of our in-person services, IRCC has modified its approach in order to limit walk-in visits due to the coronavirus situation.

Whenever possible, interactions will occur virtually or through scheduled appointments only. Only clients with pre-scheduled appointments will be permitted into IRCC offices. Appointments letters will include specific instructions to prepare our clients for health and safety regulations.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 9, 2020.
  4. We sent you correspondence on November 18, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. Decision Made
However I'm yet to receive my new card. Below is the response I received when I contacted them in July:

We verified the information on file and can confirm that the card has been selected for pick-up.

However, the health and safety of everyone is our priority. As we resume some of our in-person services, IRCC has modified its approach in order to limit walk-in visits due to the coronavirus situation.

Whenever possible, interactions will occur virtually or through scheduled appointments only. Only clients with pre-scheduled appointments will be permitted into IRCC offices. Appointments letters will include specific instructions to prepare our clients for health and safety regulations.
Looks like yours was selected for in person pick up. As many who are anxiously waiting for their pick-ups, the only way right now is to wait for your local office to contact you to pick it up.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
  5. Decision Made

Unfortunately, pick-up cards takes more than a year these days. Someone recently reported they waited 18 months to receive the appointment letter to pick up their card. I believe they applied in March 2020, and their appointment is in Nov. 2021.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Average seem

Average time seems to be about 6-7 days, for simple cases. If you get selected for in person pick up then its a whole different story.
Agreed. If your application is straightforward - DM to post should be in 5-7 days, and add another few days for receiving your card, at least the recent trend is showing us this.

Reactions: YheON

Acdc

Jan 28, 2021
Agreed. If your application is straightforward - DM to post should be in 5-7 days, and add another few days for receiving your card, at least the recent trend is showing us this.
My timeline is received July 7th
Started processing oct 18
Dm oct 29th
Does this seem normal processing timeline?

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
My timeline is received July 7th
Started processing oct 18
Dm oct 29th
Does this seem normal processing timeline?
By NO means that my observation is professional or accurate. Normally an application would go straight from AOR to DM. It appears you had a small time frame between that - but it's within a normal range I'd say, but DM 99.9% of the time means your application has been approved and is sent for printing. I think you should watch out for an update in your eCAS in the coming days (hopefully within this week).

catiaf

Jun 5, 2014
Hi friends,

Thought I would share my mum’s PR card renewal timeline.

We sent a further application in September requesting urgent processing so she could attend my wedding on the 12th of this month, they didn’t consider it urgent so did not process it, so my wedding came and went and my mum couldn’t attend.
They still processed the first application we sent almost exactly 4 months after they received it.
Kind of annoying it was just a few weeks too late but what can you do..

Best of luck to everyone waiting.

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 18, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 20, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on October 20, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on October 27, 2021.
Did you check on the regular website or did you link your GC account to see the details?

Sbs21

Aug 19, 2021
Hi All,
Please clarify on the below items : PR card renewal - (expiry mar'22)
1. After sending the mail through registered courier and tracking , should we check the status of application online through portal with our unique identification number? and dob etc. ? After how many days of they receiving, you saw status update there in status??

2. On the form 5444e section 19 : Mentions about the address history outside Canada during time after becoming PR.
I have been for vacation to India multiple times - That anyways I'm mentioning clearly in the section 21 travel history - correctly according to the Passport stamp dates. But my doubt should I mention the address from India during my vacation also in section 19 ? All my vacations where less than 1 month time frame.
In the instruction guide for this point - they have mentioned like below and told to account only 1month wise .

"""
Question 19
Your Address History: You must list all the addresses you have lived at, inside and outside Canada for the past five (5) years, or since becoming a permanent resident if less than five (5) years ago. You must account for each month during this time.

Use another page if you need more space to list this information.

""""
However my spouse was in India for 5 months for which, I'm going to provide that Indian address in section 19 as it is more than a month's time.

# 3 : On submission of passport copies along with application, i have a new valid passport and a old expired one. should we provide photocopies of both the passport?? Is the front and back page enough or all stamped pages??

Please help answering all 3 questions. Thanks a lot.