+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

NbaHlx

Apr 11, 2021
I got two replies. The first one was a generic reply saying they are currently prioritizing replies etc. The second one was a confirmation that my application was approved as urgent.
Are you able to see your status online? or able to link to my CIC? I have an urgent request but no update except AOR on the next day.

Shreenath2014

Star Member
Mar 7, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2014
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-04-2014
Passport Req..
June 1, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 23, 2015
LANDED..........
In March 2016
Is there anyone who has got a "sent by mail on xyz date" message recently?? It seems a lot of people like me have DM since Sept and there's no updates? I am suspecting their printer is down :p or mail server is down or may be just adding significant new capacity to clear backlog faster!! just trying to add some humor to frustration here..

Last edited:
Reactions: Anya12 and ms453

USIndian

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Hey all,

Just wanted to give my update for all the people who have sent an urgent request like me. I applied on September 2nd, but sent an urgent request by web form on September 30th because I had an interview in the US in November. At the time of the applying, I just added a small note that I wanted it to be processed urgently because I was visiting India in December. I dont think they took that seriously and left it "in process" on September 7th. They were pretty quick to respond after I sent the interview letter and tickets to the US on September 30th. I think if you have a valid reason and give them all the information, they are good with processing your urgent requests. Hope this gives some optimism to folks. I am based in Montreal.
Here's my timeline:
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 2, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 7, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on September 7, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on October 14, 2021.

Reactions: K_11

ajitpal001

Star Member
Sep 19, 2021
Is there anyone who has got a "sent by mail on xyz date" message recently?? It seems a lot of people like me have DM since Sept and there's no updates? I am suspecting their printer is down :p or mail server is down or may be just adding significant new capacity to clear backlog faster!! just trying to add some humor to frustration here..
yes looks like

Doctor egypt

Jun 9, 2015
If my application is returned as photo damaged.when i return it back do i have to stay all the way again or i have priority for processing.thank u

Anya12

Jul 8, 2016
One of my friends applied for PR renewal on June and he got the new Card last week. No AOR, OR NOTHING. JUST GOT THE CARD BY MAIL LAST WEEK.

Last edited:

Faiz Dogar

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
One of my friend applied for PR renewal on June and he got the new Card last week. No AOR, OR NOTHING. JUST GOT THE CARD BY MAIL LAST WEEK.
Ohh teri, ye ek dam mast news hai, mujhay be bas aisay hee chahiye !!!:p plz someone translate it to English

Oct 9, 2021
I sent mine end of September so I guess it will be sometime in January. I have to travel at the end of November so I guess will have to apply for PRTD to come back.

• Love
Reactions: Pharmcawy

Faiz Dogar

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Here is my data point to friends on this forum:
Application received by 9th July by Canada Post tracking, AOR received on 14th Oct.
Good to see, they have started working on early July applications. Mine was end of June, No AOR yet, I can hope for next week some time!!

Acdc

Jan 28, 2021
When application was delivered, did anyone receive signature on delivery for their package if yes who was it signed by ?