+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

InTheQueue...

Oct 5, 2021
I hope yours arrived before you leave for New Zealand. Whats your game plan if it doesn't arrive?
This is my first card renewal and when I applied the turn around time was around 60 days. I guess everyone wants to travel now! lol
Sending positive vibes your way in hopes your card arrives before you leave!
Thanks! This is also my first PR card renewal and yeah - the processing time has gone up steeply since we submitted. I've all but lost hope of seeing a new PR card before I depart so I've started looking into what I need to do to obtain a PRTD to return to Canada. I emailed the Canadian Visa Application Centre for NZ to ask what the current processing time is... but they replied stating that there is no standard processing time... but cases are looked at on a priority basis (hopefully that means by date of intended travel to Canada). So I do have a backup plan - but really hoping I don't have to use it!

Faiz Dogar

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Thanks! This is also my first PR card renewal and yeah - the processing time has gone up steeply since we submitted. I've all but lost hope of seeing a new PR card before I depart so I've started looking into what I need to do to obtain a PRTD to return to Canada. I emailed the Canadian Visa Application Centre for NZ to ask what the current processing time is... but they replied stating that there is no standard processing time... but cases are looked at on a priority basis (hopefully that means by date of intended travel to Canada). So I do have a backup plan - but really hoping I don't have to use it!
You can try sending them urgent processing request, provide them a copy your flight ticket, plus any medical/job reason if you have. If you are going for vacations, they do not consider it urgent application !!! stay positive, I wish and hope you ll get it before Halloween

Reactions: InTheQueue...

Allen rad

Oct 6, 2021
Hi All
Quastion i have
I sended all my document for renew my pr card on june 23rd and they received on june 27 i just forgot to write my date of birth and my name on the back of thoese picture for them so im worries they return my application to me
does anyone know what should i do
If they returne to me so i have to wait again like 4/5 months?

whqsky

Sep 23, 2021
Hi All
Quastion i have
I sended all my document for renew my pr card on june 23rd and they received on june 27 i just forgot to write my date of birth and my name on the back of thoese picture for them so im worries they return my application to me
does anyone know what should i do
If they returne to me so i have to wait again like 4/5 months?
Do not worry, this should not be a problem.

MyLifeMyWorld

Oct 17, 2014
Hello guys ! I’ve applied for PR Card Renewal in Aug’21 as I need to travel end of November. My citizenship application is also in progress. When I try to check the status of PR card renewal it just shows the Citizenship app status. Does anyone know how I can check PR card status ? Also is there any way I can expedite the process as I’ll need my card for travel purpose. Anyone had to deal with this kinda situation ? Thank you !

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hello guys ! I’ve applied for PR Card Renewal in Aug’21 as I need to travel end of November. My citizenship application is also in progress. When I try to check the status of PR card renewal it just shows the Citizenship app status. Does anyone know how I can check PR card status ? Also is there any way I can expedite the process as I’ll need my card for travel purpose. Anyone had to deal with this kinda situation ? Thank you !
End of August applications will probably processed end of November early December at best. I don't think you will have before.

Tp

Star Member
Oct 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2008
Doc's Request.
October 2013
AOR Received.
July 2014
File Transfer...
November 18, 2014
Med's Request
April18, 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015
Passport Req..
Mar 21, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-Apr-2016
Hi all, here is my final timeline for PR card renewal:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 11, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 1, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on September 1, 2021. - DECISION MADE SAME DAY
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on September 27, 2021.
Card arrived in mail (Calgary) October 4.
my application was received may 14
processing started sep 9
Decision made sep 9
No update since then

should I expect to receive update anytime soon or follow up with them?

COOL_DUDE_CANADA

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Any one applied for urgent processing?? Did it help.. have a family emergency and have to travel, unfortunately PR expiring next month 26th.
Waiting on citizenship from 2019 October

Any help is appreciated..

Shaikhum

Oct 6, 2021
Hello everyone,
I applied my PR card renewal in June and I got my AOR OCT 6, I got my UCI number if I go and check my status online it shows my citizenship status, and my citizenship and pr card renewal UCI number is same. Did it happened to anyone? please help me what can I do to check my Pr card renewal status. Thank you

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Hello everyone,
I applied my PR card renewal in June and I got my AOR OCT 6, I got my UCI number if I go and check my status online it shows my citizenship status, and my citizenship and pr card renewal UCI number is same. Did it happened to anyone? please help me what can I do to check my Pr card renewal status. Thank you
You will see your PR card status tomorrow morning. No need to worry :)

Also - do you know the exact date that your application reached Sydney, just so people can have a better sense of the general timeline.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
my application was received may 14
processing started sep 9
Decision made sep 9
No update since then

should I expect to receive update anytime soon or follow up with them?
Your card seems to be selected to be picked up in person. Call them and know for sure. If yes, you will need to wait until the local office contact you.