+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

Hansell

Jan 29, 2015
Afternoon everyone!
I sent off my PR card renewal application and it was received in Sydney, NS on June 18th with Canada post tracking.
I’m seeing some people have received their AOR who submitted before and after this date..
Should I be worried I have not heard anything yet?
I’m scheduled to fly back to the UK in mid December to visit my sick grandmother and I’m starting to get a little anxious!
I see a June 14th just received their AOR - Another couple of members on June 21st are still waiting, I'm June 30th and waiting so hopefully you should hear back in a week or so. I wouldn't worry yet

Reactions: Britcan2404

Britcan2404

Oct 6, 2021
I see a June 14th just received their AOR - Another couple of members on June 21st are still waiting, I'm June 30th and waiting so hopefully you should hear back in a week or so. I wouldn't worry yet
Thank you Hansell!
Its understandable why they are taking so long to renew PR cards but it doesn't help when you don't hear anything from them for months on end!
Thank you for calming my nerves. Hopefully the mid June and late June people will hear something this week!

InTheQueue...

Oct 5, 2021
Afternoon everyone!
I sent off my PR card renewal application and it was received in Sydney, NS on June 18th with Canada post tracking.
I’m seeing some people have received their AOR who submitted before and after this date..
I’m scheduled to fly back to the UK in mid December to visit my sick grandmother and I’m starting to get a little anxious!
Hi there, If it helps, my renewal application was received in Sydney on June 17 and I haven't received AOR yet either. I'm getting super anxious as I leave for New Zealand on October 31... I've been following this thread for awhile now and the processing doesn't always seem to follow the order the applications were received... I'm guessing our applications are in the slow pile... hopefully we hear something soon!

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Afternoon everyone!
I think you should be fine. You should be able to receive it within the next little while :)

• Love

Britcan2404

Oct 6, 2021
Hi there, If it helps, my renewal application was received in Sydney on June 17 and I haven't received AOR yet either. I'm getting super anxious as I leave for New Zealand on October 31... I've been following this thread for awhile now and the processing doesn't always seem to follow the order the applications were received... I'm guessing our applications are in the slow pile... hopefully we hear something soon!
I hope yours arrived before you leave for New Zealand. Whats your game plan if it doesn't arrive?
This is my first card renewal and when I applied the turn around time was around 60 days. I guess everyone wants to travel now! lol
Sending positive vibes your way in hopes your card arrives before you leave!

Britcan2404

Oct 6, 2021
I think you should be fine. You should be able to receive it within the next little while :)
Thanks BadGamer!! Appreciate you helping put my mind at ease! I used to hang around on these forums a lot when I became a PR.
Just love the community and the hard work knowledge and insight some of the "senior" members can share.

• Love
Reactions: BadGamer6

Cameron2020

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
hello
My status changed to DM today:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 7, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 24, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on September 24, 2021.
Processing took 12 days. My case was a hard one: full of travels and being spouse of a Canadian citizen.

Cameron2020

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Hi all, here is my final timeline for PR card renewal:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 11, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 1, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on September 1, 2021. - DECISION MADE SAME DAY
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on September 27, 2021.
Card arrived in mail (Calgary) October 4.
How come they kept your card for 26 days after DM until they finally posted it?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Faiz Dogar

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Why they have not update processing this week?? usually they update on every Tuesday, its still showing last week updated 136 days

Faiz Dogar

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Does anybody here know if I can ask them to send my card urgently and by express post? Off-course I'll pay for that.
I am not sure if you add this service at this stage, you could have sent a prepaid Express Post envelope with your application. Any how you can still try by sending a web form request, you never know !!

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
terrible mistake! They are never that much fast. :)
Not really, I've seen (based on this thread) from DM to Complete ranges from 4 to 60 days - and of course there are longer ones who are selected for in-person pick up. But on average I think it's between 15-25 days before they mail the card out after DM.

Reactions: Pharmcawy