Waived
Passport Req..
April 21,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 23,2016
LANDED..........
May 9, 2016
Just wanted to contribute my timeline:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 17, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 13, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on September 13, 2021.
My status now says "Decision Made", September 14, 2021.
Do anyone know if they process all may17 applications in sequence or random dates???

Julfox

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
Here's the history of our application status. Will see how long it takes to arrive in mail.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 19, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 12, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on August 12, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on September 13, 2021.
*Note, "decision made" status was also August 12, 2021.
You should receive your card by Thurs or Friday if you are residing in West Coast of Canada. It took 3 business days for mine. In Eastern Canada may be quicker.

sinimat

Mar 17, 2016
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 27, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 19, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on August 19, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on September 8, 2021.
How much time it takes to get the card ? I haven;t received it yet though it says card was sent by mail on Sept 08
My card arrived today, it was sent Sept 7th and I'm in Northern BC, I was surprised how quick it arrived.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Renewal time has gone up yet again from 126 days to 132 days. As expected things are getting worse. When I applied 8 weeks ago it was 90 days. So, it went up by 40+ days in two months. Unbelievable

PS: I wasn't following first time cards, but I remember at some point within the last 2 months it was 50 days. Now it's 126 days :eek:

Last edited:

GarimaTalwar

Apr 30, 2021
Im not able to understand whats wrong with them they received my PR CARD RENEWAL application on 15april didn’t hear back from them yet. Its 15th September, 4 months thats a lotttt and they dont even respond to web form queries! Is there anyone who has not yet received/ received thier AOR Yet? April applicants?

Remya86

Jan 3, 2017
Im not able to understand whats wrong with them they received my PR CARD RENEWAL application on 15april didn’t hear back from them yet. Its 15th September, 4 months thats a lotttt and they dont even respond to web form queries! Is there anyone who has not yet received/ received thier AOR Yet? April applicants?
Yes I had sent 4 application together. Got AOR for one application and nothing for other applications. Package was received at Sydney on April 30. No idea what to do next, as the processing started for may mid already.

_neil

Apr 30, 2016
For those who are asking about how the IRCC is picking applications to process
Renewal time has gone up yet again from 126 days to 132 days. As expected things are getting worse. When I applied 8 weeks ago it was 90 days. So, it went up by 40+ days in two months. Unbelievable

PS: I wasn't following first time cards, but I remember at some point within the last 2 months it was 50 days. Now it's 126 days :eek:
It's a typical government office; inefficient.
They need people who can help to automate their processes and reduce the lag time.
If you think about it, 90% of the applications for PR renewal should simply be automated. All the information they ask us too submit is already there in different systems of the government. If they can make the decision on the same day that they start processing the application, the 5 months waiting for that to happen is an absolute waste.
3 months before the renewal date we should automatically get an automated email to verify the details for accuracy and upload latest photos. That's it.
Rest 10% applications which are complicated should be manually processed.

Reactions: CaBeaver

Lizer

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
Hello everybody,
I hope you can help me guys. My husband and my daughter has legally changed their names( last names). so, they are applying for new PR cards to update their names. My question is this, should they send their pr cards with the application?? No clear information in ircc website about this.
if someone went through the same please help.
thanks

bilal4482

Aug 17, 2021
Hello everybody,
I hope you can help me guys. My husband and my daughter has legally changed their names( last names). so, they are applying for new PR cards to update their names. My question is this, should they send their pr cards with the application?? No clear information in ircc website about this.
if someone went through the same please help.
thanks
no. just attach the photocopies of pr card, copr and name change certificate with the application.

Reactions: Lizer

bilal4482

Aug 17, 2021
Thank you so much!
Have you applied before for the same reason and your application got approved?
I did for someone in my family. You guys might have to go to your local IRCC office to pick up the new pr card with new updated names and have to surrender the old cards and copr.

Lizer

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
I did for someone in my family. You guys might have to go to your local IRCC office to pick up the new pr card with new updated names and have to surrender the old cards and copr.
Thank you bro this is very helpful.
last question, should we update SIN, driving licence, healthcare... before or after updating the pr card. We are confused!

jkaur90

Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 22,2015
File Transfer...
June 22,2015
Med's Done....
March 18,2015 Remedical request March31,2016 done on April 2,2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 21,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 23,2016
LANDED..........
May 9, 2016
Do anyone know if they process applications according to date or randomly? I saw somebody applies the same date did got decision made but mine still in Process? I applied under URGENT but they didnt consider and is in process since then.
Application received and AOR since May 17.