+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

naren7878

Aug 22, 2021
Hello Everyone, here's the timeline.

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 5, 2021.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 26, 2021.
3. We started processing your application on August 26, 2021.
4. The Application status went to "Decision made" on August 27, 2021.
5. The Application status went to "Complete" on August 28, 2021.
6. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on September 2, 2021.
7. New PR card received by mail on September 8, 2021.

Thank you for all the valuable information guys, this forum was really helpful. I wish the processing time gets back to normal and I hope everyone gets their PR card soon.

Congrats. Was the mail from Sydney or any other location?

Rayu Mandvi

Sep 10, 2021
Sending PR Card Renewal Application

Which address to send?
the one with PO Box number OR 49 Dorchester Street
Sending via Canada Post Xpress

angelangel

Star Member
Jun 5, 2017
Hi,

Sent my PR card application on 31 May. Was delivered on 4 June. Haven't even received an AOR yet. My PR card is expiring on 14 Sep 2021. Just raised a webform but I am expecting a typical response- focusing on Afghanistan applications. SOOOOOOO frustrating.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Hi,

Sent my PR card application on 31 May. Was delivered on 4 June. Haven't even received an AOR yet. My PR card is expiring on 14 Sep 2021. Just raised a webform but I am expecting a typical response- focusing on Afghanistan applications. SOOOOOOO frustrating.
It’s not your turn to get the AOR yet. But almost. If you are not travelling anywhere, expired PR card has no effects on you whatsoever.

Blue003

Sep 11, 2021
Hello Everyone, here's the timeline for PR renewal:

1. Application sent on May 10, 2021.
2. Received on May 12, 2021.
3. AoR on September 9, 2021.

No DM yet.

_neil

Apr 30, 2016
Hi,

I sent mine in on May 10. My PR card expired on Sept 1. No AOR yet and the usual reply to webform about Afg processing.
I guess we just need to wait.

kajol234

Oct 15, 2013
Hi,

I feel you! Mine was received on June 2nd. No AOR as of yet too but things seem to be moving along based on the info contributed by other members so it's not too bad.

kajol234

Oct 15, 2013
mid May in progress right now. you should get a notice in 3 weeks approx.
I hope so!

It's a hassle because I'm applying for my son's child care fee subsidy and they have an issue with my expired PR card. I do have the receipt from paying the renewal fee and they said they'll accept it.

Last edited:

Hopestar

Sep 11, 2021
Hi All, with a PR renewal application under process, is it still ok to travel and leave Canada with my old card and return back to Canada with my still old valid PR card before its expiration date? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Cameron2020

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Ya looks like it. Whats the trend on AOR to PR card mail out (assuming all documents are good) for renewals?
If your case is easy less than a week. If you are unlucky and they send your file for secondary review, only God knows when. I afraid of the latter, because it happened to me last time.

Elchinec

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
As I understand from the timelines provided in this forum, an average time between App received and AOR for card renewal is 4 months (with old and recent processing times). Then another 10-14 calendar days till the card is delivered in mail.

I wonder if it also includes the "afghan" factor or it only relates to people who applied before June 2021.
My app was received on Aug 15, 2021...

_neil

Apr 30, 2016
Hi All, with a PR renewal application under process, is it still ok to travel and leave Canada with my old card and return back to Canada with my still old valid PR card before its expiration date? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
No issues at all. After the card is expired, you can travel by land in your own car. Air travel will be a hassle. You can leave but you will need travel docs to return