+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

DeeeeW

Sep 9, 2021
I received AOR today on Aug 18.

“This confirms that your application for your Permanent Resident card has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2021/04/19.”
Mine was delivered on the same day as yours...didn't get AOR/in process status until August 24th...Good luck!!

okbangaram

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
PR Card Renewal: AOR
My Timeline.

Submitted my documents it on May 3rd.
Got the AOR on Sept 2nd.

122 days. is what it took me to get the AOR. Got it via email just now.

Will have to see how much longer it will take to get the actual PR Renewal done.

I am out patience now :-(

When I was logging in to check the status.. it was marked Decision Made. It stayed there for a while.

Today it's showing nothing. Not able to retrieve any information. Just like how it was before I got the AOR. It's not picking up my expired PR card number like it used to.

When I checked the website for more information this is what I found:

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=030&top=3

Why can’t I see my application status in the Client Application Status tool?

We removed your application from the tool
After we make a decision, we eventually remove your application from the CAS tool. The length of time depends on the type of application.

• Permanent resident applications: 180 days after you arrive in Canada
  • Permanent resident card applications: 30 days after you get your card
  • Citizenship applications: 180 days after we make a decision
  • Visa applications: 365 days after you were refused, you withdrew or your application expired

After DM how do I know if mine was completed or was rejected etc?

This is all so frustrating..

Anybody else the same situation.. how long does it typically take from Decision Made to finally getting the PR renewed card in your mail?

Adi_16

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife’s pr card renewal, ecas status could be seen from 13th august and it said:
Application Status: Decision Made
Application Received: 23rd April 2021 (this was the date package was delivered)
We started processing on 11th August, 2021.

But she did not receive the aor email at all!

Plus, we had submitted webform for address change and have got confirmation that they received the request and it was “forwarded to the concerned department” but still in ecas status, our old address was shown.
There was an option to update it there which we have filled up and submitted the address change again. Worst case, we still have mail forwarding to new address so hoping that card will be received in due course.
3rd status line added: Card was sent by mail on 8th Sep (ecas status was activated today, 9th sep)

No email notification received and home address not updated even after submitting webform and receiving their ack about it and also submitting address change request on 13th august as soon as AOR / DM status was accessible in ecas.

Julfox

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
I am out patience now :-(

When I was logging in to check the status.. it was marked Decision Made. It stayed there for a while.

Today it's showing nothing. Not able to retrieve any information. Just like how it was before I got the AOR. It's not picking up my expired PR card number like it used to.

When I checked the website for more information this is what I found:

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=030&top=3

Why can’t I see my application status in the Client Application Status tool?

We removed your application from the tool
After we make a decision, we eventually remove your application from the CAS tool. The length of time depends on the type of application.

• Permanent resident applications: 180 days after you arrive in Canada
  • Permanent resident card applications: 30 days after you get your card
  • Citizenship applications: 180 days after we make a decision
  • Visa applications: 365 days after you were refused, you withdrew or your application expired

After DM how do I know if mine was completed or was rejected etc?

This is all so frustrating..

Anybody else the same situation.. how long does it typically take from Decision Made to finally getting the PR renewed card in your mail?
Mine took about 5 weeks from Decision Made to Complete (with the card in the mail).

Sehfar

Jul 13, 2021
hi I received this email today.

This confirms that your application for your Permanent Resident card has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2021/05/10.

Is this AOR?

I try and check my status of application using uci number it takes me to my citizenship application page..

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
hi I received this email today.

This confirms that your application for your Permanent Resident card has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2021/05/10.

Is this AOR?

I try and check my status of application using uci number it takes me to my citizenship application page..
Yes

kajol234

Oct 15, 2013
Then how can I see the status of my pr card
Have you checked online?

I think an AOR is a good sign that your application is moving forward. It looks like when you get this, it won't take long until they mail you your new PR card.

Also if you received that letter very recently then it's most likely they haven't processed my application yet *crying emoji*

Sehfar

Jul 13, 2021
Have you checked online?

I think an AOR is a good sign that your application is moving forward. It looks like when you get this, it won't take long until they mail you your new PR card.

Also if you received that letter very recently then it's most likely they haven't processed my application yet *crying emoji*
Yes I checked online... Using my uci number it takes me to the citizenship process page. Nothing about PR

jeffrin6960

Aug 27, 2021
Guys, how long does it take to receive the new PR card after the status is "complete"? My ECAS says that my PR card was sent by mail on September 2, 2021.

Thanks in advance!
Hello Everyone, here's the timeline.

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 5, 2021.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 26, 2021.
3. We started processing your application on August 26, 2021.
4. The Application status went to "Decision made" on August 27, 2021.
5. The Application status went to "Complete" on August 28, 2021.
6. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on September 2, 2021.
7. New PR card received by mail on September 8, 2021.

Thank you for all the valuable information guys, this forum was really helpful. I wish the processing time gets back to normal and I hope everyone gets their PR card soon.

Reactions: laurinda

lostsyr

Feb 12, 2015
Hello, I got the AOR for wife’s renewal 2 days ago for application submitted on May 4th. But status still showing in process. Does it mean they will require additional information? As I see most of the people get decision made the same time of AOR.

mik01

Nov 10, 2015
My application was received on May 3rd (according to Canada post), no AOR yet. Anyone else in the same spot?

When I try to link the application on the CIC website, it says application already linked... but it seams that it's loading the original permanent residence application instead. Do I need to keep trying to link it, or does it link automatically once I get the AOR?