+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
They are still doing it. Even the offices are closed - they still randomly select applications to let them pick up in person. That means people have to wait until the offices reopen to pick them up. Some have been waiting for more than a year now.
But I am waiting my PR to be renewed to travel, if they picked me, this means I wouldn't be able to travel. Do they do this if they suspect anything, or it's completely random?

william.dan

Sep 10, 2020
Hey guys how do I link my account to ecas?? I linked my new pr card application to cic, but I cant see anything on ecas :/ I applied for my new pr card in March, but I havent heard anything from Ircc since... any help is greatly appreciated!

jeffrin6960

Aug 27, 2021
Guys, thank you for all the valuable information and the realistic timelines. Here's mine.
AOR received on August 26, 2021.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 5, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 26, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on August 26, 2021.
The status has been changed to "Decision made" today.

CEC_Candidate1001

Jun 3, 2020
hi All, my PR Card application was approved today, however in my application there is only my details and none of my dependants (wife + child). Can someone whose PR Card application is approved on CIC portal confirm if they can see approved only for themselves or for their dependants as well
Thanks all I was able to link profile for my dependants as well, although its been 7 days since the approval I haven't received my cards yet

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Permanent Resident Card

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on March 26, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 28, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on July 28, 2021.
3 applications were sent in the same envelope.
Now have eCAS access and decision made for 2/3, still in process for the 3rd...hopefully should catch up in a few days.
Last of the 3 apps finally marked as Complete...after 5 months....

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on March 26, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 28, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on August 26, 2021.

SheikhAhmed

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Last of the 3 apps finally marked as Complete...after 5 months....

Permanent Resident Card
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on August 26, 2021.
Did you get this update on ecas just today?

Canuck-Surfer

Aug 24, 2021
My timeline and a clarification question…

I applied using Urgent process including letter from my employer confirming upcoming international work travel along with copies of my eticket and itinerary.

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 17, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 24, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on August 24, 2021
On previous page of ECAS, current status is “Decision Made”.

So next step is just waiting for ECAS to indicate the card was mailed, correct? Has anyone successfully done an urgent processing lately and if so how long did it take them from DM to card mailed?

Oddly when I linked my PR card renewal application to my IRCC my account, the status there says “in progress”. Does linking account not accurately show “decision made”?

AJ97

Jan 12, 2021
Anyone having issues accessing ECAS? It says card has been mailed on the cic account but I can't find my application on ECAS

Ilia2015

Sep 6, 2016
Hi
Here's my time line for Pr card renewal
File received: 5 Jan ,2021
Decision Made : 18 Feb
Card sent by mail : 5 March to Etobicoke office
No news yet
Any one has any update from Etobicoke office please!

william.dan

Sep 10, 2020
Anyone having issues accessing ECAS? It says card has been mailed on the cic account but I can't find my application on ECAS
Hey same situation here. I cant seem to acces my application on Ecas, but upon mailing ircc, they said they received all the necessary documents... so I dont know whats happening...