+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Apparently the processing time update came a bit late this week:
Renewal PR card: 119 days (still going up)
New PR card: 51 days (also going up)

This appears to be accurate. Renewal PR card seems to have slowed down once again. Haven't seen many people reporting this week.

s.jagjit

Jul 18, 2016
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 26, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 23, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on August 23, 2021.
Decision Made is seen in file for renewal also

sinimat

Mar 17, 2016
Got DMs on July 28 and got the cards last week + early this week. GTA. Might take longer if you’re in the West Coast.

Is your status already Completed? That’s what it says for our mailed cards.
My status is still Decision Made... Yes I'm in BC so I assume the shipping takes a bit longer but it's been over a month now since my status has been updated so I might have to find out a way to reach them and see what's going on.

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
My status is still Decision Made... Yes I'm in BC so I assume the shipping takes a bit longer but it's been over a month now since my status has been updated so I might have to find out a way to reach them and see what's going on.
Over a month on DM doesn’t sound very promising. I hope I’m wrong but you could be the lucky winner of the “Local Office lottery”. Good luck!

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
You mean to pick it up in-person? But offices are closed, aren't they?
They are still doing it. Even the offices are closed - they still randomly select applications to let them pick up in person. That means people have to wait until the offices reopen to pick them up. Some have been waiting for more than a year now.