+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

SheikhAhmed

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
No i sent it to sydney NS, they sent my application to etobicoke office for further review, i don’t know what does that mean , and why my application sent it to etobicoke office,
Does you application on ecas still say in process? Because I have only heard of cards being sent there for pickup. I am hearing this for the first time

jimso101

Star Member
Apr 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got my AOR yesterday as i posted before and today was checking ecas status and it says decision made. Second i am unable to access my son ecas status as no information found. All other applications can be accessed through ecas.

Mine and my daughter current home address is of canada where we are living but mailing address showing of back home of pakistan when i applied for immigration. Anybody have same experiences plz reply what to do …????
I have noticed the same for our application, home address is Canada address but mailing address is incorrect.
I hope PR cards will not be mailed outside of Canada ?

Money74

Feb 14, 2020
Hello !
I am New in this PR card Renewal Group . Just Joined the Group. How Can I Check my Application Status. M trying to Check after putting Following information : Client Id , name , dob and Country.. But Doesn’t Work .

Reactions: kajol234

GloryArsenal

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Category........
PNP
On CIC account our PR card application says they were mailed on July 17. Til today we still have not received it. Is this normal? Should I call IRCC?

rifo94

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Hello Everyone,
My wife changed her last name to mine on her non-Canadian passport, however, for the PR card we have applied to new one and submitted the files in April and we have received AOR just last week. We have a plane to catch in a month and if her PR card's last name doesn't match with the passport, would that be a problem? Did anyone get into same situation?

blue_human

Star Member
Nov 10, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-01-2021
Med's Done....
09-02-2021
Hi all, I got my PR card last Aug 6, eCOPR Jul 8. My partner however hasn’t received his until now, same Jul 8 eCOPR. Anyone else experience this? How long did it take before your partner/spouse got theirs (or vice versa) after you got yours (or vice versa)?

aifarooqi

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Other
I have noticed the same for our application, home address is Canada address but mailing address is incorrect.
I hope PR cards will not be mailed outside of Canada ?
thats what me not sure about i saw a post on this forum which have same case as ours and i dint remember whether they update or got pr cards at current address… tried to find that thread but no success

fswaspirant

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
You can re-enter via land border but not air, train or boat. An expired PR card does NOT mean your PR status is expired. It has no implications on your status at all.
Thanks. What papers do I need to re-enter via land? Will I need a PRTD or the original CoPR or something else?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hello Everyone,
My wife changed her last name to mine on her non-Canadian passport, however, for the PR card we have applied to new one and submitted the files in April and we have received AOR just last week. We have a plane to catch in a month and if her PR card's last name doesn't match with the passport, would that be a problem? Did anyone get into same situation?
Common issue for women who choose to change their names after marriage—just travel with the marriage certificate.

grahamangus

Star Member
Dec 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2014
AOR Received.
12-05-2014
Med's Request
29-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2015
hey everyone, firstly I wanted to thank everyone for the super useful info in this thread, hearing everyone's experiences has definitely helped ease some of the stress of waiting for the PR renewal.

secondly I wanted to let you guys know my timeline, in case it is useful for others:

Type: PR Card Renewal
Renewal application mailed from Toronto: April 19th
Application Received in Sydney: April 23rd
AOR: August 16th
Decision Made: August 16th

Processing time: 115 days

or
  • 9,936,000 seconds
  • 165,600 minutes
  • 2760 hours
  • 16 weeks and 3 days
  • 31.51% of 2021
.......115 days just to renew a card, thank god we're not waiting on the IRCC for anything life-saving :p
PR card received today, August 26th

Reactions: CaBeaver

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Did you get a confirmation on your account that your card was mailed or did it just show up? I received my DM on July 26th and still waiting...
Got DMs on July 28 and got the cards last week + early this week. GTA. Might take longer if you’re in the West Coast.

Is your status already Completed? That’s what it says for our mailed cards.