+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Hi since you are in a similar situation as me, how long did your application take to go from aor to dm?
Exactly one month from AOR to DM. DM was on July 12. I think, they sent it to the local office. Might take another couple of month to a year until I receive an invitation to come and pick the card up...

As of today (and on the day when my application was signed as well as delivered), I have more than 1095 days of being physically present in Canada.

Shreenath2014

Star Member
Mar 7, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2014
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-04-2014
Passport Req..
June 1, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 23, 2015
LANDED..........
In March 2016
Nobody except IRCC can answer this question correctly. It can take a couple of days if you live in Canada and meet RO to aprx. two years if you don't meet RO...

I very much meet RO but am claiming, with all supportive docs that I was out of Canada for business work for a public institution in Canada.

returningPR2016

Nov 25, 2016
Here is my timeline for PR card renewal:
Mailed paper application using CanadaPost: July 7, 2021
Delivered (according to Canada Post): July 12, 2021
Still waiting for AOR and for it to show up in the online system.
My current PR card will expire in November, so hopefully this is plenty of time....you never know....

fswaspirant

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Other than being unable to re-enter Canada, are there any and what are the implications of an expired PR card? My renewal app was submitted in mid june and PR card expired end of June..

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Other than being unable to re-enter Canada, are there any and what are the implications of an expired PR card? My renewal app was submitted in mid june and PR card expired end of June..
You can re-enter via land border but not air, train or boat. An expired PR card does NOT mean your PR status is expired. It has no implications on your status at all.

AJ97

Jan 12, 2021
Finally got a msg in the cic profile saying that the card has been mailed. I didn't receive any AOR or any other updates. Straight to final decision.
First PR card. Photos sent on March 22.

subratgbhadra

Feb 9, 2021
It seems like there is no fixed timeline for people who have applied for PR card via post. I know many folks who are waiting since Jan 2021 and have not received their card. Since a lot of people are curious to know the process and timeline, I have created a WhatsApp group so that we all can keep ourselves updated.

Please note this group is meant for people who have sent their photos for PR card via post.

https://chat.whatsapp.com/FPe2pNjDdhu2afi0RbmQ2q

aifarooqi

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Other
Got my AOR yesterday as i posted before and today was checking ecas status and it says decision made. Second i am unable to access my son ecas status as no information found. All other applications can be accessed through ecas.

Mine and my daughter current home address is of canada where we are living but mailing address showing of back home of pakistan when i applied for immigration. Anybody have same experiences plz reply what to do …????

SheikhAhmed

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Yeah my application is in etobicoke office ? Is there any issue with etobicoke office or something wrong with my application?
Were you told to send it to that place? Because normally renewal applications are sent and processed at the sydney office and only sent to etobicoke office for pick up if picked for that

Roel 1992

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Were you told to send it to that place? Because normally renewal applications are sent and processed at the sydney office and only sent to etobicoke office for pick up if picked for that
No i sent it to sydney NS, they sent my application to etobicoke office for further review, i don’t know what does that mean , and why my application sent it to etobicoke office,