+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Do you guys think applying for GCMS notes help in anyway to speed up the process?
I saw one guy on this forum was waiting for the Citizenship oath for many months. Soon after requesting the notes, he received the invitation for the oath. Might be coincidence though…

ahafiz

May 1, 2020
I saw one guy on this forum was waiting for the Citizenship oath for many months. Soon after requesting the notes, he received the invitation for the oath. Might be coincidence though…
I applied for it since I got nothing to lose. I'm just worried because I see people sent their photos in April and they are already getting their PR cards or some sort of updates, but I sent mine on March 9 and did not hear anything since then.

AJ97

Jan 12, 2021
Just curious, how long do they take to reply to a webform? Raised one around Aug 10. No response till now. Received a ghost update couple of days back. Waiting for first PR card since March 22.

iBarjar

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
There isn't one. I'm getting some understandings of the new PR card processing now. I think who are being delayed are those before the virtual landing portal was introduced, and those who have used the new portal has minimal delays. If they said it's under processing, there's nothing much you can do beside waiting.
One of my PR card was stuck since January 26. The regular enquiries were getting the canned replies .i.e., covid blah.. blah..
I sent an address change request (since my other cards were sent to the consultant's address) and an Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) Online Request ($5)
It looks like the address change worked and I got the last PR Card 2 weeks ago at my home address.

bilal4482

Aug 17, 2021
Just curious, how long do they take to reply to a webform? Raised one around Aug 10. No response till now. Received a ghost update couple of days back. Waiting for first PR card since March 22.
they are currently prioritizing support for afghans people.

saini1987

Oct 11, 2013
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
Hi all,
I got my copr today for spousal pr with stamped passport and will be landing in toronto on 10th sep. I want to know, do i need to apply for pr card after landing? Or ircc will automatically mail me the pr card within 2 months as i am a new applicant?

bilal4482

Aug 17, 2021
Hi all,
I got my copr today for spousal pr with stamped passport and will be landing in toronto on 10th sep. I want to know, do i need to apply for pr card after landing? Or ircc will automatically mail me the pr card within 2 months as i am a new applicant?
no. you will get it automatically. but there is not time guarantee. the immigration will explain to you everything at the airport when you land here.

Reactions: saini1987

saurabh2996

Jun 18, 2019
This is for a new PR card- I submitted my docs on 26th March. Last week I had a GU in my profile and also received a response on my webform that my application is approved and cards are under production. What's the timeline from hereon until we get our cards? The reason I am asking is because in next 2 month I would be moving to a new address. Is it advisable to get the address changed now? Any advise would be appreciated. Thank you!

Reactions: AJ97

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
they are currently prioritizing support for afghans people.
On the hotline, They even say a criteria for calling (their definition of urgency), and to hang up if not so, due their focus shift to the Afghan situation. Good effing luck to getting things now. First COVID, now this, what’s next? What a mess! I pray for the situation in AFghanistan, please know, it’s just so frustrating how this was handled before that crisis even started.

Last edited:

chad_80

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Mississauga, ON
NOC Code......
Hi Everyone, I submitted PR card renewal in mid April along with my wife and 2 kids in the same envelope. The kids were given my email, while we used wife's email for hers. Last week I got AOR on email for me and the kids, but nothing for my wife. Today I checked and it was showing decision made on the "PR card application status" for me and kids. while nothing for my wife again. Is there any number I could call to check on her application status. I am sure, if ours were received, hers would be too.

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Hi Everyone, I submitted PR card renewal in mid April along with my wife and 2 kids in the same envelope. The kids were given my email, while we used wife's email for hers. Last week I got AOR on email for me and the kids, but nothing for my wife. Today I checked and it was showing decision made on the "PR card application status" for me and kids. while nothing for my wife again. Is there any number I could call to check on her application status. I am sure, if ours were received, hers would be too.
I would suggest you to send a webform. Calls into hotline are for very urgent situations right now. All we all can do is wait.