+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

Oct 22, 2020
I just stalked your old postings and you seemed to have gotten your aor fairly quickly after the applications being recieved. Did you by any chance apply it for urgent processing? If so it could be the case that you didn't qualify for urgent processing and hence your and your wife's application was put in the normal queue (they are processing mid april applications right now) and that is IF you sent it for urgent processing.
Yes, you are right i applied for urgent processing as i sent my first file in March and did not get any feedback until mid June so thought the file was lost so applied for second file in June and asked them to process urgently but after opening couple of cases they mentioned that it did not qualify for urgent processing but not sure how my daughter card got delivered and ours are still in process and to my surprise they returned the old file after four month back in July as incomplete.

SheikhAhmed

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Yes, you are right i applied for urgent processing as i sent my first file in March and did not get any feedback until mid June so thought the file was lost so applied for second file in June and asked them to process urgently but after opening couple of cases they mentioned that it did not qualify for urgent processing but not sure how my daughter card got delivered and ours are still in process and to my surprise they returned the old file after four month back in July as incomplete.
Now I am not an expert at all this but what I assume is that If your daughter is under 18 and their files were sent later it could be the case that since she is a minor they didn't care to investigate into your children’s cases and sent it straight to dm. That’s the only reason that explains it.

Oct 22, 2020
Now I am not an expert at all this but what I assume is that If your daughter is under 18 and their files were sent later it could be the case that since she is a minor they didn't care to investigate into your children’s cases and sent it straight to dm. That’s the only reason that explains it.
Thank you so much for replying to my post, what you are saying makes sense I will open another case and try to attach the first application that was received by them back in March and they returned the whole file because they did not like the scanned passport picture for me and my spouse so they kept the file for four month and then returned it

saranya21

Star Member
May 21, 2018
Hi All,
I submitted my Pr renewal application in May and it was received by IRCC by may 21. I still dont have an update on the status of my application. I am not able to link my application online or track my application status. It says cannot find your application and when I call the customer care, it is asking for application number. I dont have one. Can anyone help here.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Hi All,
I submitted my Pr renewal application in May and it was received by IRCC by may 21. I still dont have an update on the status of my application. I am not able to link my application online or track my application status. It says cannot find your application and when I call the customer care, it is asking for application number. I dont have one. Can anyone help here.
They haven’t got to your file yet. Based on the reports here they are only with mid-late April files. You should be able to hear about yours in a month if not longer.

SheikhAhmed

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Thank you so much for replying to my post, what you are saying makes sense I will open another case and try to attach the first application that was received by them back in March and they returned the whole file because they did not like the scanned passport picture for me and my spouse so they kept the file for four month and then returned it
I would say waiting on the one sent in June is the best idea. If you send these back again they will treat them just like new ones and put them in the queue accordingly. I sent 5 applications in Jan together out of which 3 were returned in march because they were outdated and I sent them back the next day which was received on 26th march and here I am still waiting on them because they were queued with march applications. Yours are already in the process so they might process them a bit earlier anyways.

Reactions: mohamedmarzouk

Usagisan

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
Hi All,
Oh, I can share with you my timeline and I'm sure yours will take a bit more time. They received application on Apr 16, 2021 and I've heard nothing since then. Not until August 9 did I receive a formal AOR informing me they're processing my application, and then I saw that my new card has been posted on August 18. I'm now checking my mailbox everyday to see if it sits in there.

Good luck then.

saranya21

Star Member
May 21, 2018
Oh, I can share with you my timeline and I'm sure yours will take a bit more time. They received application on Apr 16, 2021 and I've heard nothing since then. Not until August 9 did I receive a formal AOR informing me they're processing my application, and then I saw that my new card has been posted on August 18. I'm now checking my mailbox everyday to see if it sits in there.

Good luck then.
Oh is it. Thanks for the info.

GarimaTalwar

Apr 30, 2021
Mine delivered on APRIL/19/2021 STILL NO UPDATE AT ALL
Same here. Im still waiting to hear from them what can be done next ?
my card is expired and im unable to work as PR card is a mandatory document for my work.
I contacted them multiple times and the reply is automated this is so frustrating for me.
Any suggestions?

Kanusaab22

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
my card is expired and im unable to work as PR card is a mandatory document for my work.
I contacted them multiple times and the reply is automated this is so frustrating for me.
Any suggestions?
Hi garima i am gonna wait till end of september then after i am gonna send them new application with urgent p i raised web form they just said nothing in system prcessing

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Any suggestions?
Let your HR get you a letter to prove that PR Card is a must to continue the work, then apply for urgent processing.

Reactions: Rasha