+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

elman50205

Star Member
May 19, 2021
Hello i sent my pr card renewal application and still waiting for AOR.how will i know they have my newest address regarding that this is the address mentioned in my pr card renewal application

thank u
My personal experience is as follows - while I am renewing my application - I called them and the agent start asks me questions - then she found my address in file is old address , because the new application not yet update the system - she changed right away - also she added my correct email

Agents are helpful on those things - however in other things like when - what to do in specific situations. They usually do not know or will give you wrong information

So I think you need to call them

jamscone

Aug 9, 2021
Do they actually update the ECAS portal daily? Mine application has said "in progress" for a week on there and my correct name and contact information has not yet changed to what was submitted on my application or name change forms.
I've seen others who have gone from AOR to decision made by the next day. I'm wondering if any of you were able to see this change in the system right away, or if it took over a week for ECAS to update?

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Do they actually update the ECAS portal daily? Mine application has said "in progress" for a week on there and my correct name and contact information has not yet changed to what was submitted on my application or name change forms.
I've seen others who have gone from AOR to decision made by the next day. I'm wondering if any of you were able to see this change in the system right away, or if it took over a week for ECAS to update?
It is updated daily. Normally, as we have seen in many cases, people have their renewal status goes straight from AOR to DM. If you have "in process" status, it is possible that they are currently verifying your RO compliance, also an indication of some non-routine processing. If your RO is good, there should be nothing to worry about.

sinimat

Mar 17, 2016
I'm still waiting for my card to be sent.. although my status is Decision Made, my status is "Decision Made" does anyone have experience or knowledge on why it would take so long after a DM, or am I just unlucky? If I was missing something for my application, I assume they would have already contacted me about it, right?

My timeline: Application received April 9th,
We started processing your application July 26th, 2021.

Nothing since, and it's been 20 days now.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
I'm still waiting for my card to be sent.. although my status is Decision Made, my status is "Decision Made" does anyone have experience or knowledge on why it would take so long after a DM, or am I just unlucky? If I was missing something for my application, I assume they would have already contacted me about it, right?

My timeline: Application received April 9th,
We started processing your application July 26th, 2021.

Nothing since, and it's been 20 days now.
If it's DM, most likely is that it has been approved. But there can be 2 possibilities, one is it's off to printing and just in queue waiting to be printed, and second is it's going to be sent for in-person pick up (which it's currently suspended). You can try to add your application to GCKey to see the detailed updates there, or to call IRCC to find out.

sinimat

Mar 17, 2016
If it's DM, most likely is that it has been approved. But there can be 2 possibilities, one is it's off to printing and just in queue waiting to be printed, and second is it's going to be sent for in-person pick up (which it's currently suspended). You can try to add your application to GCKey to see the detailed updates there, or to call IRCC to find out.
Thanks for your reply. I hope I don't have to pick it up in person since the closest office is 800kms away. So fingers crossed that it's just in queue for printing! I might call next week if nothing happens this week.

Ashuani

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
3/8/15
Med's Done....
3/8/15
Hi, I have sent my PR renewal application on 16th april. Mail received on 21 April. I still haven't received any AOR.... No news.. Is there anyone like me in the same boat who has sent in april and has not heard anything since then..

yazan142

Star Member
Mar 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
Included with application
Interview........
waived
Good news
My PR card was approved today
I just got an update on my account that they mailed to me
Photos delivered on July 21
Anyone knows how long it takes to receive the card once it is mailed?