+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

lostsyr

Feb 12, 2015
Here're my timelines.
Application(Urgent) Mailed to Sydney NS : July 29 - via Canada post Express mail
Application Recd. : August 6
AOR: August 11
DM: Pending
Card mailed : Pending.

Hopefully I get my cards by last week Aug (fingers crossed!!) .
If anyone needs helps with Urgent processing, will be happy to help.
Can you pls let me know what reasons could help? Would kids schools (abroad)starting on Sep 7th be valid reason to consider urgent processing ?

sukhimicrobio

Dec 3, 2014
Windsor
Hi everyone. i applied as urgent process but i have no idea if they process it as urgent. This is my timeline.

Urgent Processing
Application Received: 3th August 2021
AOR-11th August 2021
Card mailed : Pending
Hi,
Do they send AOR by email?
I applied urgent processing on July 24, application delivered on 27 July. But not heard back.
I was assuming they might take two to three weeks to send AOR, but seems in your case and some other cases it is quite fast.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Hi,
Do they send AOR by email?
I applied urgent processing on July 24, application delivered on 27 July. But not heard back.
I was assuming they might take two to three weeks to send AOR, but seems in your case and some other cases it is quite fast.
There can be 2 possibilities AFAIK. One is they haven’t got to your file yet, and the other is they have rejected your urgent processing and is now in queue with the regular processing (seen this happened to many on this forum). You can try to contact IRCC to see if they have anything to share.

sukhimicrobio

Dec 3, 2014
Windsor
Here're my timelines.
Application(Urgent) Mailed to Sydney NS : July 29 - via Canada post Express mail
Application Recd. : August 6
AOR: August 11
Card mailed : Pending.

Hopefully I get my cards by last week Aug (fingers crossed!!) .
If anyone needs helps with Urgent processing, will be happy to help.
Congrats Sreenath! It's quite fast in your case.
I applied for urgent processing of the PR card, but still waiting.
Do we need the employer letter specifically addressed to the IRCC or a general statement describing the position and place of work, can work?
Thanks

sukhimicrobio

Dec 3, 2014
Windsor
There can be 2 possibilities AFAIK. One is they haven’t got to your file yet, and the other is they have rejected your urgent processing and is now in queue with the regular processing (seen this happened to many on this forum). You can try to contact IRCC to see if they have anything to share.
Thanks for the reply.
I will inquire. I applied in normal processing on 18 May but then resubmitted the application due to urgent renewal on 24th July. If they reject, any idea if they will consider the previous application or recently submitted ?

Emmzii28

Jul 7, 2021
Application Status: Complete
Application Received: 8th April 2021
AOR-29th July 2021
DM-29July 2021
Card mailed: August 10 2021

Only problem is they have my two years old address on the file, i dont know how they got it. i sent them webform with my latest address but they did not change my address so i believe they have mailed my card on the old address. This is blunder, i dont know who lives on that address now.

Just to confirm , Guys address shown on the ECAS page as soon as we get in, is the address they will send our PR card to.
I am having the same issue, they have my new home address but my old mailing address listed. I have filled out the change of address form 3 times now but it has been over 3 weeks and it still hasn't been updated. I tried to contact them using the web-form and they were useless and just said "it will be mailed to you".

If the card is sent to your correct address, can you please let me know as that will offer some reassurance for me! Fingers crossed it comes to the correct address for you.

Thanks

Reactions: prab0

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Thanks for the reply.
I will inquire. I applied in normal processing on 18 May but then resubmitted the application due to urgent renewal on 24th July. If they reject, any idea if they will consider the previous application or recently submitted ?
I really have no idea about that question, sorry. I would assume they process in an order? - baseless assumption though

Reactions: sukhimicrobio

Oktay58

Aug 12, 2021
I am having the same issue, they have my new home address but my old mailing address listed. I have filled out the change of address form 3 times now but it has been over 3 weeks and it still hasn't been updated. I tried to contact them using the web-form and they were useless and just said "it will be mailed to you".

If the card is sent to your correct address, can you please let me know as that will offer some reassurance for me! Fingers crossed it comes to the correct address for you.

Thanks
How do i know if they update my current address?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi everyone. i applied as urgent process but i have no idea if they process it as urgent. This is my timeline.

Urgent Processing
Application Received: 3th August 2021
AOR-11th August 2021
Card mailed : Pending
Obviously they accepted your urgent processing request. What was your reason for urgent processing and what proofs did you provide?

Shreenath2014

Star Member
Mar 7, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2014
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-04-2014
Passport Req..
June 1, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 23, 2015
LANDED..........
In March 2016
Congrats Sreenath! It's quite fast in your case.
I applied for urgent processing of the PR card, but still waiting.
Do we need the employer letter specifically addressed to the IRCC or a general statement describing the position and place of work, can work?
Thanks
I have my employer's letter recommending for urgent processing, airtickets, proof of payment of airticket (what we call as receipt in India), I am required to go since I am a speaker at a conference so I have attached my participating fee invoice and invite as a speaker.

My employer's letter (mainly Manager - Since my employer is a public institution) is addressed to the Case Processing Officer.... on institutional letter head, original sign (not digital) and round seal. It has position, brief job profile, why it's important for me and my institution to have my PR and with my manager's official email id and phone (if they want to contact him) and thanks..

I have some instances of being out of Canada on official visits in past, so I have also attached my pay stub for two months (before and after every visit) and my T4 for years 2019-2020, employment contract etc. attached.

Basically all these + a few more..
  • proof of travel that shows your destination and travel dates, such as:
    • your itinerary
    • a copy of your ticket
  • a copy of the receipt for your trip (a ticket receipt) with the:
    • date
    • amount paid
    • payment method
  • a letter explaining the reason for the urgency
  • proof of urgency, such as a:
    • doctor’s note
    • death certificate
    • letter from your employer

I may be overkilling it.. but It's super essential and urgent for me to travel now for this conference and that restrictions are easing and we're vaccinated. - I really hope and pray that they accept these and process urgently!!

Hope this helps!

Shree

Shreenath2014

Star Member
Mar 7, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2014
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-04-2014
Passport Req..
June 1, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 23, 2015
LANDED..........
In March 2016
Can you pls let me know what reasons could help? Would kids schools (abroad)starting on Sep 7th be valid reason to consider urgent processing ?
The website illustrates the following reasons,

proof of urgency, such as a:
  • doctor’s note
  • death certificate
  • letter from your employer
I had the third one..not sure about other reasons. If I understand correctly, If you are out of Canada and need PRTD, school opening may be a valid reason, If you are in Canada and plan for travel now and return back by Schools reopening then, the reason to travel is a valid reason, not reason to come back! - This is what I understood.. I am not a pro at this.. but some champions on this group can advise.

Reactions: lostsyr

Emmzii28

Jul 7, 2021
How do i know if they update my current address?
I don't know :( I assumed that it would be updated on my profile but I just checked and it says my card was mailed out yesterday but it still showed my old address as my mailing address so I have no idea which address they sent it to, very stressful.